This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Americans aren’t usually tea drinkers — especially not the hot, unsweet kind of tea. But if you’ve ever decided to rebel, or thought about it, Tazo is a go-to tea brand. With diverse, rich flavors, it’s the perfect segue to expanding your beverage palette. To make your tea journey easier, I took a trip to Target and picked up the yummiest-looking teas. Yes, I also bought some cute boots from the clearance aisle while I was there, but that’s not important. 

After sipping, smelling and taste-testing 10 Tazo teas, here’s the list:

Refresh Mint (herbal)

This is the perfect midday tea while you’re taking a break from work. It is refreshing — just like the name suggests — and the mint flavor doesn’t taste like strong toothpaste. Even after finishing the entire box, I didn’t grow tired of it. Refresh mint is everything a tea is supposed to be: tasty, comforting and healthy.

Passion (herbal) 

If you’re looking for a sweet tea to drink on a summer night, this is the tea for you. With a little bit of sugar, this sweet drink will make the perfect iced tea. However, Passion should be used in measure because it’s a strong taste you might get tired of.

Zen (green) 

The Zen flavor is new to my collection, but it deserves a warm welcome. As someone who usually stays away from green tea (it’s a caffeine trap), I decided to take a chance on Zen, and I don’t regret it. This tea was immediately soothing yet lacked the sharp, usual taste of green tea. Zen had a beautiful aroma that kept the mug glued to the bottom of my nose while I sipped.

Juniper Mint Honey (herbal) 

Also, a new welcome, Juniper Mint Honey has a long future ahead of it on my tea shelf. Not only was the blue packaging gorgeous and inviting, but the tea itself also made me want to take a bath in it. Juniper Mint Honey was cozy, lovable and the perfect remedy to a sleepless night. It’s a balanced combination of soft and sweet, and I can’t wait to share it with my fellow tea-lovers.

Wild Sweet Orange (herbal) 

Orange-flavored things always hold the risk of being overpowering. In my extensive dessert experiences, I’ve only liked orange-flavored scones because of their subtle sugary flavor. Wild Sweet Orange was predictable because it was a bit on the over-flavored side, but this tea is perfect if you share a teabag between two cups or take out your tea bag early.

Awake English Breakfast (black) 

In my very Russian family, black tea is the staple of every breakfast, so we take our black tea very seriously. Awake English Breakfast had high standards to meet, and it was a worthy competitor. The tea possessed a richer and smoother taste than the standard market options. Although it wasn’t exceptional, it was the preferable option to Lipton Black Tea.

Chai (black) 

If you’d like an alternative option to standard black tea, Chai is the one you want. This cinnamon-spice tea is a Starbucks favorite. My recommendation is to add some almond milk or coconut milk to dilute the strong taste or using the same strategy I did with the Wild Sweet Orange.

Turmeric (herbal) 

Before you judge me, I’m well aware that turmeric tea does not sound like an appealing tea flavor, which is probably why I spent almost 21 years without trying it. However, this one was a pleasant surprise, with an earthy and almost gingery tone to it. The tea does stain though, so don’t drink it in light-colored mugs.

Calm Chamomile (herbal) 

Honestly, this flavor does not deserve to be this low on the list because it’s a dependable bedtime option. I just prefer the fruitier choices.

Elderberry Blackberry (herbal) 

Finally, we have the worst one of the bunch: Elderberry Blackberry. I can’t say it was terrible, but it was a terrible disappointment. Both the name and the packaging held such promise, yet the taste was nonexistent. There were no hints of berries, and it just looked like black water.

Although Elderberry Blackberry was disappointing, I can conclude that Tazo teas are worth the extra dollars with their creative names, beautiful packaging and dependable flavors.

Public Relations Gator trying to make orange and blue look good. Fan of mom jeans, feminists, and the oxford comma.