The Target Experience: All That Glitters Isn’t Gold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Happy belated New Year, everyone! In honor of our New Year’s resolutions (broken or not), I’ve searched and searched for sparkly finds at Target.

When I first heard the quote, “All that glitters isn’t gold” I was so confused. But now I definitely get it. It isn’t all gold… its silver, rose gold, black, and pink too! Here are some sparkly finds to help your transition to 2013!

Gold Loafers

This glittery pair of loafers is the perfect accessory for a casual outfit whether you plan on staying in or going out with friends. Pair them with jeans and a plain cardigan or shirt, or try a monochromatic outfit like a casual black or red dress. One thing is for sure; these loafers will really add some pop to your outfit no matter what you decide to wear them with.

Style tip: try not to add much more glitter to your outfit because these are a pretty bold statement. If anything, you can add a skinny gold belt or headband. No matter how much you like glitter, too much is too much. Don’t forget the “less is more” rule!

Black Sequined Dress

Sequins are perfect for dressing up any outfit. One great thing about this dress is it can be dressed up or dressed down depending on your plans. This is great for all you last minute planners out there! If you end up making plans for a night out pair this dress with patent leather pumps and other sparkly accessories. Try bangles or dangly earrings, too. Dramatic makeup would also dress this look up! To dress it down, pair the dress with flats or, if where you are is warm enough, some cute sandals. To make it more casual, minimize the accessories.

Jeweled Cocktail Ring

Whether you’re going fancy or casual, this cocktail ring is the perfect accessory. It is just simple enough to keep your outfit from being too flashy and just sparkly enough to compliment a wrist-full of bangles and to keep your outfit interesting. They come in multiple colors, but my two favorites can be seen below. It’s the perfect way to add some color and sparkle! Does the ring remind anyone else of the New Years Eve ball in Times Square? It makes me remember counting down to 2013!!

I hope you all had a great New Years!  Here’s to everyone keeping their resolutions!

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.