The Struggles of Being Single… For a Long Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

“All the single ladies, now put your hands up!” Your hand might proudly shoot up in the air, but what happens when you’ve been single for a really long time? All your friends are dating and you’re just chillin’ on the side like, “Don’t forget about me…” Here is an outline of the process of accepting the fact that you are dreadfully single.

So first there is that fateful day when you and your boo break up. All you want to do is lie in bed and cry yourself to sleep with your new baes, Ben and Jerry.

After the appropriate two days of crying, your friends drag you out of bed telling you that this cannot go on any longer and that your ex did not deserve you.

While you are reluctant to believe their negative statements at first, your friends get you all pumped up with their trash talking, and soon you are like…

So you grab your closest babes and head out to the closest bar to drink away memories of your ex and cause some havoc!

Some time passes and you think it’s time to have your first make-out session with a stranger since your breakup, which is a lot less satisfying than you thought it would be.

Then, before you know it, a month has passed and all your friends are in relationships and you are just like…

Whenever your friends have a single friend, they always insist on setting you up on a blind date

When that doesn’t work out, your friends just assume you are the go-to babysitter for any and all pets and plants.

But that’s okay because you are content staying in and watching a movie and drinking wine.

Then you decide to adopt a cat… or 50.

After a while, you just accept that you are alone and just hold out on one day finding your Prince Charming.