Spring Break Destinations in Florida

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

UF students have the luxury of living right in the center of the most popular vacation destinations in the country. This means easy access to some of the best Spring Break spots around. There’s no flying involved, so if you’ve waited until the last minute to make your Spring Break arrangements, we’ve got you covered with these go-to Florida hotspots.

MiamiAlthough some Gators call Miami home, it will forever be considered one of the best getaway cities there is. While Spring Break-ing in Miami, you can stop by the American Airlines Arena for a concert, take a walk down South Beach and people-watch, hit up a few clubs at hotels like the Fontainebleau and Mondrian, or take an epic food tour on Calle Ocho. The possibilities are endless in this city that never sleeps.

Panama City BeachPCB is a classic Spring Break choice. With 27 miles of white-sand beaches and crystal-clear ocean, this is the quintessential place to have some much-deserved fun in the sun. Playing beach volleyball, catching some rays and partying past sunset are just some of the popular activities here. No matter how you spend it, Panama City Beach is a guaranteed good time.

OrlandoIf you are a die-hard theme park enthusiast, Orlando is your ticket to the perfect Spring Break. A short 90-minute car ride from Gainesville brings you steps away from Universal Studios and Disney’s Epcot and Magic Kingdom, just to name a few of the best parks. Make a quick hotel reservation and check out the different entry passes each park has to offer. (Hint: Florida residents get a discount!) Orlando also has great shopping with huge outlets malls and the famous Mall at Millenia.  

Key WestThis charming little island is at the tip of the Florida Keys, and most know it as the birthplace of everyone’s favorite dessert: key lime pie. The beaches in Key West are just as luxurious as any other in Florida, and there are so many things to do and see. Coral reef snorkeling and water sports are offered everywhere for a great price. For some nighttime fun, the handful of bars and restaurants on Duval Street help make Key West the ideal Spring Break destination.

Sanibel Island“Calm and quaint” best describes the authentic Sanibel Island. Once you arrive, renting a bike can get you around the entire island whether your destination is a local ice cream shop or one of the freshest seafood bars in Florida. “Shelling,” the locals’ term for picking seashells, is a popular pastime, and don’t be surprised if you spot a few starfish during low tide.

Don’t fret if you haven’t solidified your plans for Spring Break yet; it’s never too late to make amazing plans when you go to school in the Sunshine State and have the nation’s best beaches just a car ride away. So grab a few friends and take a road trip to one of these perfect Spring Break destinations!

Samantha is a passionate and motivated senior in the College of Journalism and Communications at the University of Florida. In her free time she enjoys reading entertainment and fashion magazines. She is excited to move to New York City upon graduating in May of 2015. She hopes to pursue a career that is fulfilling and exciting. GO GATORS!