Savvy Updates: Spring Into New Bags

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

A girl can truly never have enough accessories. With springtime quickly approaching, many designer lines are starting to come out with their new seasonal fixes that contain bright hues and refreshing appeal.

This week, we’ll discuss a Savvy Update that overhauls that winter bag you’ve been carrying around with a hip and trendy new look that will make carrying all of those books to class fun! Check out the following three bags that are sure to make a statement on campus this spring.

1. The Vineyard Vines Whale Classic Tote. I love how simple these bags are—whether you’re going to class or the gym, they hold a lot and are durable at the same time. The canvas and fun printed silk patterns are a great way to refresh your bag towards a more springtime look. The company even has a University of Florida print!

2. Gap Color-block Tote. This tote is extremely trendy because of the color-block pattern and the use of bright orange, which has been really popular so far in 2012. I like how this bag has a long handle and short handles, making it practical and fashionable. The tote is also available in a black and white color-block print as well as pink and gray.

3. Tory Burch Nylon Logo Ella Tote. What more could you want in a tote? I’m a huge fan of this mint green color, but this popular tote is also available in a nude color as well as royal blue. With two interior pockets and a zipper compartment, you’ll be able to pack up everything that you need for those extra long days on campus this spring. The nylon material is extremely durable, since you can wipe it clean of virtually anything.

These bags will sure to be versatile this spring as you head from class to the beach for a little rest and relaxation during Spring Break. Be sure to keep your eye out for sales as brands are getting in new merchandise—those boots you wanted to splurge on a few weeks ago may be on sale soon enough as warmer weather is approaching!

Enjoy the warmer weather and these ideas for a new spring bag!

*All pictures are from the companies’ respective websites.