Culture > News

That’s A Wrap: President Trump Acquitted, Coronavirus Continues & 2020 Election Heats Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Feb. 3

– Rush LimBaugh revealed he has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.

– KFC announced they are testing vegan options, called Beyond Fried Chicken, at some locations. If successful, the vegan options could be available nationwide.

– China opened the hospital they built in a record time of 10 days to treat the coronavirus.

Feb. 4

– An app error caused a delay in the results for the Iowa Caucus.

– President Donald Trump gave his third State of the Union address.

– The Food and Drug Administration announced they are considering testing for asbestos in cosmetics and talc powders.

Feb. 5

– Trump was acquitted by the Senate in the impeachment trial.

– A racist remark at a school meeting sparked outrage.

Feb. 6

– A public memorial for Kobe Bryant is scheduled for Feb. 24 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

– A New York City police officer was charged with second-degree murder in the death of his eight-year-old son.

Feb. 7

– The National Transportation Safety Board ruled there was no engine failure in the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash.

– Cruise ships started cracking down and canceling cruises to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

Feb. 8

– The first American died from the coronavirus in Wuhan, China.

Feb. 9

– A gunman ambushed and tried to kill New York police officers in an assassination attempt.

– The coronavirus has now killed more people than the SARS outbreak.

Sarah is a 6-foot-2 journalism major discovering her passion for creative content strategy and communications. She was born to stand out and, as luck would have it, she was born to create, too. When she's not creating and editing content for my classes, you can find her shopping the aisles of stores searching for height-friendly fashion, filming and editing videos for her YouTube channel, and cooking up something delicious in her kitchen. She is a girl with many talents. She's working to develop my on-air personality with the University of Florida's GHQ FM. She's also capturing life's moments with her Canon DSLR in hand. She's always had a love for writing and creativity. So, she hopes to combine the two as she searches for a career in communications and content strategy. Please feel free to follow her journey on social media @sarahlpickettt, through her YouTube channel or through her blog. ​ ✳ Creativity is brewing, so let’s create! ✳
Jess is a senior journalism major with a Russian minor. She loves reading and learning foreign languages, and she has an oddly strong affection for grammar. Her goal is to work in the book publishing industry after graduation where she can work with the first love of her life: books. In her spare time, she’s usually having fun with her sisters from Theta Nu Xi or doing some arts and crafts. She is co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UFL for the 2019-2020 school year.