joshua sukoff 5DDYHjk KMU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
joshua sukoff 5DDYHjk KMU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash
Culture > News

That’s A Wrap: Airline Suspensions, FDA Warnings & Global Emergencies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Jan. 27

– It was revealed that Kobe Bryant’s helicopter had special clearance to fly despite the fog.

– Prince Andrew was accused of not cooperating in the Jeffery Epstein investigation.

– A massive dock fire in Alabama killed eight people and destroyed 35 boats.

– Survivors of the Auschwitz concentration camp returned on the 75th anniversary of liberation.  

Jan. 28

– The National Transport Safety Board began searching for answers in the helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant.

– Some workers and schoolchildren took cover in Miami when they felt the aftershocks of a Caribbean earthquake.

Jan. 29

– It was revealed that Kobe Bryant’s helicopter lacked a warning system.

– The FDA told hand sanitizer company Purell to stop claiming it prevents the Flu/Ebola.

Jan. 30

– Kobe Bryant’s wife, Vanessa, broke her silence three days after the accident that killed her husband and 13-year old daughter.

– The World Health Organization declared the coronavirus a global emergency.

– The family whose Ring camera was hacked filed a lawsuit against the company after a hacker terrorized them

Jan. 31

– U.S. airlines suspended all flights to mainland China due to the coronavirus. 

– In the impeachment trial against President Trump, the Senate voted against calling witnesses.

– The FDA approved the first treatment for child peanut allergies.

Feb. 1

– The first case of the coronavirus on the East Coast was identified in Massachusetts.

Feb. 2

– In response to the continued spread of the coronavirus, the U.S. released new travel restrictions on anyone who has been to China.

– Victoria’s Secret is under fire after new allegations of sexual harassment by top executives were uncovered in a New York Times report.

Jess is a senior journalism major with a Russian minor. She loves reading and learning foreign languages, and she has an oddly strong affection for grammar. Her goal is to work in the book publishing industry after graduation where she can work with the first love of her life: books. In her spare time, she’s usually having fun with her sisters from Theta Nu Xi or doing some arts and crafts. She is co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UFL for the 2019-2020 school year.