Restaurant Secret Menus: The Best, The Craziest, The Most Intricate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

A few years ago, social media made the life-changing discovery of the Starbucks secret menu. In that moment, people realized there were websites for “secret menu items” or customized orders specific to any mood or time of year. From that point forward, people created and shared different menu customization options from various fast food restaurants.

I’ve crafted this list ranking the best “secret” menus so you can reference it the next time you’re in the mood to try something new on one of your go-to foodie adventures. Here we go:

McDonald’s

I bet you thought the best thing about McDonald’s was the 24-hour service, which includes breakfast items. You’re right—but on top of that, you can actually make some mega meals that may or may not pack a bigger calorie punch than the usual items.
Poor Man’s Big Mac
For the Big Mac taste on a budget just order a normal McDouble and ask for it with special sauce, lettuce, onion, pickles and ketchup.

Two cheeseburger meal
This meal is perfect for the simple eater and used to be a menu staple. It’s cheeseburger meal with soda and fries, but it comes with additional cheeseburger.

Monster Mac
If the regular Big Mac isn’t hitting it for you, then you can upgrade the burger with extra patties. Just order a Big Mac with as many patties as your heart desires.

Neapolitan Shake
Yep, it’s what it sounds like: a trifecta milkshake, made by blending three classic flavors—strawberry, chocolate and vanilla. Just kindly request a shake with all three flavors, and patiently wait for the mixture to blend.

Taco Bell

The real late-night haven is perfect for picking up something to hold you over. Check out these hidden gems:

Enchirito
Although this item went off the menu in 2013, fans of the creation and people who want to try it for themselves can still order it by name or can get an enchilada stuffed with beans, beef, and cheese.

The Incredible Hulk
To get your hands on this monster item simply order a five-layer burrito with guacamole instead of nacho cheese. It may be extra, but guac makes everything better.

Double Grilled Quesadilla
This one isn’t so much of crazy item but a hack to make your eating experience better. Asking for a quesadilla to be grilled twice ensures you have never have another soggy quesadilla that falls apart again.

The Superman
The hero among the everyday burrito. It’s the most filling item on the Taco Bell secret menu, just ask for a double-beef burrito loaded with sour cream, guacamole, tortilla strips, and potatoes.

Chick-fil-A

The fast food mecca is widely praised and hardly ever criticized. So many people already love what they have to offer that they don’t even look into a secret menu, but don’t worry, they do—and there are some diamonds in the rough.

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
If you’re a spicy food lover and the ordinary spicy chicken sandwich is too bland for you then order this sandwich instead. The Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is a traditional crispy chicken sandwich topped with buffalo sauce.

Chick-fil-A Root Beer Float
If you can’t decide on what kind of sweet treat to get, ask for soft serve to be put inside of your root beer. This item satisfies your craving and can be made at any location.

Cookie Milkshake
If you’re looking for another sweet item, ask the cashier to blend cookies in into your traditional milkshake and there you go a new creation.

Grilled Cheese
If you’re not in the mood for chicken (but you’re still at Chick-fil-A), opt for this comfort food item that will not dissapoint.

Starbucks

Everyone’s favorite coffee joint started the secret menu and creative combination trend. Most avid coffee and Starbucks drinkers have the app and their orders memorized, but a few new creations have been added to the secret menu list.

Pokemon GO Frappuccino
Although the app craze may be over, the legacy lives on through this drink. For a grande, your recipe is: milk, 3 scoops of vanilla bean powder, 3 pumps of Frappuccino Creme syrup base, 2 pumps raspberry syrup, 2 scoops of freeze-dried whole blackberries, and ice.

Starbucks Liquid Cocaine
The drink is said to be as intense as the name itself. It’s made of four shots of espresso on ice along with four pumps of white chocolate syrup. If you want to try to calm down the shock of the espresso, you can add milk for a smoother drink.

Trenta Size
This secret is definitely held tight and may not be at all locations, but there exists a cup size larger than a Venti. A 31 ounce cup is available called the Trenta Size Cup. This will be your secret weapon for your next trip to Lib West or Marston!

We can’t wait to see which one of these *secret* menu items you try!

Tranelle Maner is a senior at the University of Florida. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in film and media studies. Her business aspirations include but are not limited to becoming Editor-in-Chief of a magazine as well as becoming a social media strategist for a large brand or company. She has a passion for podcasts, watching too many cooking videos and scrolling through social media. In her free time she enjoys writing different reaction and opinion articles as well as trying new recipes. 
Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.