Style

Rent the Runway, Kids Shine at GFW’s Gala for the Arts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Last night marked Gainesville Fashion Week’s first annual black tie fundraising event, Gala for the Arts. Sponsored by Giggle Magazine, the event was held at Villa East and benefited Rocket for the Arts, a non-profit organization that creates youth programs in Alachua County.

The event was meant to celebrate the success of Rocket for the Arts’ first program, which was launched with help from GFW.

We simply couldn’t get enough of the amazing clothes gracing the runway, including designs by Sironna Swimwear, Rent the Runway and AJNEL. The night was full of “oohs,” “ahs” and even some giggles as adorable little girls strutted their stuff for Sironna and AJNEL’s children’s lines in GFW’s very first children’s fashion show.

Rent the Runway stole the show with bold spring colors, chunky wooden wedges and elegant high-fashion designs. We loved the wide array that RTR featured, including everything from hot Herve Leger mini dresses to sophisticated floor-length gowns.

The selection was a perfect mix been fun and flirty summer dresses to timeless formal dresses. Needless to say, we went right on the RTR site after the show concluded to hunt down some great deals for our next events.

Check out HC UFL team member Danielle Peterson’s photos below: 

Sironna Swimwear 

Rent the Runway

AJNEL