This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

London Fashion Week (LFW) began not even a full 24 hours after New York Fashion Week ended. Although many of the designers shared similar trends between the shows, there was something special about the styles brought by these London designers. The Fall/Winter 2020-2021 collection gave us so many trends that I cannot wait to try (and trust me, you will, too) when the weather gets a bit colder. Here are some style takeaways from designers that stole the show.

Christopher Kane

Christopher Kane was a prominent designer in the show. Introducing many bold triangular shapes in his designs and lace cut-outs, his looks were unstoppable. According to Kane’s show notes, it was the romantic Garden of Eden that sparked something creative in his mind. It was the rebellious yet passionate side to this biblical story that the designer really drew upon and gathered inspiration from. The triangular pattern was supposed to reflect the love between a man, a woman and nature. The shape also symbolized the “eye of the Supreme Being watching over the universe,” his show notes said.

JW Anderson

JW Anderson was another designer that added a bit of spice to the show. He used the classic take on the trench coat but added simple touches such as a feathered flare or an exaggerated collar to reintroduce this classic look. One of my favorite pieces from his show was the Victorian puff-sleeved tuxedo dress that was very structured, yet it had just enough movement to steal the show in my opinion. JW Anderson’s style is always something to look forward to because you never know what closet staple he will revamp next.

Simone Rocha

What a dream it would be to see the absolutely stunning touches Simone Rocha added to her fairytale-like gowns. Rocha is known for incorporating layered, deconstructed styles that come together and remind one of what they may see in haute couture. Through wedding whites, nude florals and silky sash accents, this collection was perfect for any romantic’s dream wedding. The styles were appropriate for day or night, and they each created a movement on stage that kept audience members on the edge of their seats.

Erdem

The one word to describe Erdem would be glamourous. Designer Erdem Moralıoğlu created his outfits based on inspiration from the spunky photographer and costume designer Cecil Beaton. His romantic take on the photographs revisited the glitz and glamour from decades ago. His creations gave luxurious and decadent looks that one would put together when going out to a party. Through over-the-top headdresses, lacey silhouettes and flapper-like beading on dresses, there was very much a feminine-inspired feel here. His looks were reminiscent of what one could be found wearing in the ‘30s.

Emilia Wickstead

Including models of all ages gracing the designer’s stage, Emilia Wickstead put together an inclusive collection that celebrated the diversity of each of the models. Centering around neutrals, Wickstead offered many brown and black pieces in her jumpsuits, gowns and coats. With a majority of the outfits being only one color, the construction of each fit was so put-together and show-stopping that it didn’t need any additional colors to make it pop.

Burberry

LFW closed with Burberry, which is a British staple in the fashion industry. Chief Creative Officer Riccardo Tisci’s looks featured a combination of pieces inspired by the brand’s history and heritage. Gathering ideas from places he’s traveled and people he has met along the way as a young designer, Tisci created a fresh look based on vintage trends. One of the main things that stood out in his show was the different combinations, shades and (obviously) sparkles in the traditional Burberry plaid. He also incorporated this pattern into styles such as a classic schoolgirl uniform to streetwear on the go. This show was fraught with many celebrity models such as Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Irina Shayk and others.

Eccentric would probably have to be the most used word when it comes to describing the young talent that made up London Fashion Week. This year, a handful of new designers were discovered and added to the show as well as some of the already-established designers that steal the stage every year. The vibes were a bit nostalgic, so it felt familiar, but there was also a fresh take on many of these traditional styles that left me super excited about the show.

Lauren Reho is a second-year public relations major and French minor at the University of Florida. She loves vintage fashion, travel, and Broadway, and has a passion for promoting inclusivity and diversity in the communications industry. One day, she hopes to work in her favorite destination, New York City, and live out her true Carrie Bradshaw dreams. You can get to know her more through her Instagram and Twitter @laurenreho