element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Quotes N’ Notes: Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

“Somebody tell me you’ve got love figured out, because I got news for you: it’s pretty darn messy right now. But I guess it has always been that way. Wanting to be loved, to find somebody that makes your heart ache in a good way… to feel understood… As far as I can tell, that’s what it’s all about. And that’s what I know it should be about.”

– Brooke Davis, One Tree Hill

As we all know, Valentine’s Day is this week. For some of you, you can’t wait to spend it with the love of your life. For others, you can’t wait for the day that you finally spend it with a someone special. When you’re young, it’s easy to enjoy Valentine’s Day — receiving paper valentines and candy from friends and childhood “boyfriends” undoubtedly put a smile on your face. But as you grow older and find yourself wanting the real thing, Valentine’s Day can feel like a reminder of just how single you are.

Here’s the thing: being single doesn’t mean being alone or unloved. Just because you don’t have someone special, doesn’t mean there isn’t someone out there who cares about you. Who knows, there may be a boy in your life that wants more but just can’t seem to muster the courage to tell you. And if this isn’t the case, this Valentine’s Day isn’t the only one you’ll have. Someday, you’ll have someone who really cares about you to spend this special day with. If this year’s Valentine’s involves your closest girls, a carton of ice cream, a box of chocolates, and The Notebook, it’s still a day spent reflecting on the beauty of love.

You see, Valentine’s Day isn’t meant to make single girls depressed, it’s meant to give them hope that there’s someone out there for everyone. Some girls just have to wait longer than others to find that someone. Love is complicated, chaotic, and difficult, but it is also beautiful, passionate, and blissful. Even those of you out there in relationships can agree with Brooke Davis. You’re not supposed to have the game of love all figured out. Every girl wants that someone who connects with her on a deeper level than anyone else does, that understands her more than she ever thought possible. No matter what situation you find yourself in this Valentine’s Day, spend it celebrating the most beautiful thing we have in this life: love.

I truly believe that every girl gets her wish someday. She just has to be patient and believe that her prince is out there. For all you know, your prince could be dreaming at this exact moment of the day he meets his princess, too.

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.