A Quick Guide to Food as Told by Jocelyn Gordon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Jocelyn Gordon, a Boston native, was raised with the mentality that food is an experience. When she started attending UF in the fall of 2015, she immediately joined Spoon UF, a food publication dedicated to informing students about all things food. Throughout her journey of being a so-called “foodie,” Jocelyn has tried food locally and internationally and has even tried crafting her own creations. HerCampusUFL recently hit up Jocelyn for some of her favorite foods.

Jocelyn’s Local Favorites:

Satchel’s Pizza

Jocelyn’s first endeavor as a member of Spoon was visiting the well-known Satchel’s Pizza.

Jocelyn: “I think Satchel’s represents why I wanted to be in Spoon. Spoon is all about telling students what the surrounding town has to offer, and I think Satchel’s was a great way to start.”

Curia On The Drag

Jocelyn just recently visited this hidden gem of Gainesville. Curia On The Drag serves as both a coffee shop and vegan restaurant.

Jocelyn: “It’s so underrated. It’s also a little far away, so I felt kind of removed from Gainesville, which was nice. I got a curry wrap and tea.”

International Finds:

Spain

When Jocelyn studied abroad, she got a little taste of Spanish cuisine: churros and hot chocolate.

Jocelyn: “It’s a common dish in Spain for dessert! They are served throughout the country. I got them from a restaurant right next to where I lived called La Chocolatería in Seville. It’s not expensive at all and satisfies the sweet tooth instantly.”

The Netherlands

While abroad, Jocelyn visited The Netherlands and got a sweet treat there as well.

Jocelyn: “I got these pancakes when I went to Holland. They were very thin with chocolate drizzled on top.”

Jocelyn’s Unique Creations:

Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake

With just a few key ingredients including ice cream, bananas and Reese’s Pieces candy, Jocelyn made this delicious creation with her fellow Spoon UF members. Other members of Spoon made alternate milkshakes, including the Salted Caramel Pretzel Shake and Cookies ‘n’ Cream Shake.

“This peanut butter milkshake with a hint of banana will make you question why other milkshake flavors exist because it reigns superior to all else,” Jocelyn said in her Spoon article.  

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pancakes

By combining cream cheese frosting, pancakes, and some Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, Jocelyn made this creation she termed Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pancakes.

This childhood cereal still hasn’t gotten old, and pancakes sure never will,” Jocelyn said in her Spoon article.

Photo Credits: Jocelyn Gordon