Pre-Pharmacy Society President Vivian Chiang

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Vivian ChiangAge: 20Year: juniorMajor: nutritional sciences on pre-pharmacy trackHometown: Orlando, FL

Her Campus: What is your position on campus?Vivian Chiang: “I’m president of the Pre-Pharmacy Society.”

HC: How did you get involved in the club?VC: “I joined it my freshman year during first semester, and I just did social events throughout freshman and sophomore year. It was the second-to-last meeting that I decided to run for president.”

HC: What is your favorite part of being in the club?VC: “I like interacting with people who are pre-pharmacy students, so we get to talk about the same classes, applying to schools, the PCAT — stuff like that. I also like putting things together and working behind the scenes, organizing different events and socials.”

HC: And the biggest challenge?VC: “It’s definitely just getting everything in order and delegating all the responsibilities to different members. I have to keep up with them, make sure they know what they’re doing and make sure I know what to do. It’s a lot of back and forth and a lot of texting.”

HC: What other things are you involved in on campus?VC: “I’m also in SNPhA, which is pre-pharmacy student organization. I’m in ESA, which is a service fraternity, and I volunteer at the VA hospital in the outpatient pharmacy.”

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?VC: “Wherever life takes me, but definitely being a pharmacist.”  

HC: What are your hobbies?VC: “Spending time with my family or friends, doing some yoga and just relaxing.”

HC: Who is your role model?VC: “My mom. She’s a pharmacist too, so I’ve always wanted to follow in her footsteps and do everything that she’s done in life.”

HC: What advice would you give to new students?VC: “Go to class and don’t get behind, especially if you’re taking really hard science classes. Get to know your professors.”

HC: What is your favorite memory at UF so far?VC: “The first general body meeting (of Pre-Pharmacy Society) when I was president. Just seeing the turnout of people and seeing how many people came really rewarded me for all of the hard work of promoting the club.”