This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Hey ladies! This week’s Pinterest attempt is using porcelain paint pens to recreate those cute, yet ridiculously over-priced, dishes you see at Bath and Body Works. Although you could try this with a simple leaf design or song lyrics, in the spirit of Gainesville’s neverending school spirit (and the end of March Madness), I wanted to try this craft with some orange and blue pride. Pinterest makes it look so easy…. I guess we’ll see about that!

Materials:

• 2 porcelain plate pens
  • 4 plates
  • 1 wine glass
  • Rubbing alcohol for mistakes

I got the pens from Michael’s for less than $3, and they have a lot of colors! These plates came from Dollar General — what a steal! The wine glass could be tricky to write on, but we’ll see how it turns out.

Step 1: Although I’m sure some of you are a bit (okay, a lot) more artistic than I am, I just went for a simple design with my plates. The pens were actually surprisingly easy to work with. I thought the paint would run, but so far so good. Once you are happy with your plates, let them dry for at least 4 hours.

Step 2: Bake the plates in the oven for 40 minutes at 375 degrees. This will (hopefully) set in the paint and make them dishwasher safe.

Step 3: EnjoyTa-Da! I honestly can’t believe how easy this Pinterest find was. Even if you have no artistic talent you can pull this off for a party or a gift. But what do you think? Would you pin it or pass?

My Rating: 5 out of 5 pints

Why? Although it took a few hours, this Pinterest find opens the doors for creativity, and it was cheap! You can fill your cabinets with personalized dishware for less than $10! Plus, the possibilities with these pens are endless. You can decorate vases, mugs, frames — you name it! Try it while you’re studying for exams for a creative break that is sure to be successful.

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.