This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The last two weeks of the fall semester are full of exams… and parties! And when you head on home for winter break, there are even more parties! I’m sure you’ll be posting pictures all over Instagram of all of your holiday outfits and great times, so it’s important to have an abundance of different types of outfits for each of these occasions. Here’s your guide to attaining the perfect holiday wardrobe.

Ugly Christmas sweater party: Although the word “ugly” may be in the title of this party genre, it doesn’t mean that you have to look ugly yourself! There are tons of crazy and fun sweaters that can be worn to this type of party that can be tacky and cute at the same time. If you are looking to be fashion forward, opt for an off-the-shoulder style sweater and wear it with leggings and little heeled booties.

Work party: This is a time to look a little bit more dressy, depending on where your job is, but you should still look classy. Work parties are a great time to wear sheath-style dresses and chunky jewelry. Lace-up booties also look great with sheath-style dresses.

Church party: It is important to look appropriate and conservative when you are at a church-related Christmas function. If you live in Florida, then a fun Lilly Pulitzer dress is always a good go-to beachy option, but if you are from up north, go for a long-sleeved lace dress with tights, booties and a jacket.

Family party: You can have a little bit more fun with a family party. This is when I would bring out the cute romper or velvet dress. You know that you’ll be in tons of photos, so you’ll want something flattering and cute that you won’t mind being stuck in your relative’s wallets for the next 10 years.

Christmas party with friends: This is a time to bring our your red, green or white! I find that lace looks elegant, classy and sexy for parties with friends whether they are at an apartment or a fraternity function. If you are wearing a solid-colored cocktail dress, then you can add a Santa hat for an extra bit of flirty fun.

New Year’s Eve party: This is the perfect event to bring out all of the sparkle in silver and gold. Everyone wants to sparkle on New Year’s Eve just like the ball in Times Square. Pick out simple jewelry that won’t take away from your bold outfit and wear your hair straight or in elegant waves. This is also a great time to bring out the stilettos. New Year’s Eve is the time to go all out with your outfit.

With these tips and tricks for all of your upcoming holiday parties, I’m sure that you’ll be well prepared for all of December. Take lots of pictures, collegiettes!

Photo credit: Mamainheels.com

Hey I'm Spencer! I'm a senior journalism major with a leadership minor here at UF. I love traveling to different countries, running half marathons and spending time with my friends. This past summer I had two pr and marketing internships in NYC with fashion labels JOVANI and REISS. I'll be graduating and moving back to NYC this December.