This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The Orange and Blue Football Game is one of the best days of the spring semester at the University of Florida. Our team is divided into two – the orange team and the blue team – and they play a real game against one another inside the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Everyone dresses up in their best Gator clothing, spends the hours before the game tailgating and ends their day watching the Gators win; this day is the perfect fall semester preview. Since there is only one football game during the spring, I always want to look my best, which is why I have decided to create an Orange and Blue Game style guide:

1. Vintage Gear

Trends always recycle, which is why vintage gear is still popular. Retro trucker hats, such as this white hat with Gainesville written in orange and blue embroidery from Etsy, are an easy addition to any outfit, especially a game day outfit. Cropped vintage-inspired baby tees are another way to achieve a ’90s-inspired fit. Not as much for the Orange and Blue Game due to the higher April temperatures, but students can be seen in oversized varsity and orange and blue jackets.

2. Mini Skirts

This is not a surprising style to be featured, but mini-skirts are perfect for the hot Gainesville temperatures. Whether the skirt is denim, royal blue pleather or pale orange terry cloth, these short skirts are breathable, super easy to walk around in and stylish.

3. Bows

Bows are everywhere, and they will be super popular not only during the spring game but also throughout next fall. Bows can be worn in your hair, added to your clothes to further accessorize your outfit or can be found already on clothing. I really liked this white lace tank top with a ruffle hem because of the bows on the shoulders, and because this top can be worn for more than just game days. I also thought Free People’s apricot-colored satin clip-closure bow was incredibly fitting for UF gamedays. If these two bow pieces aren’t for you, head over to a crafts store or order ribbon online to dress up your outfit.

4. Denim

When I think of denim, jeans are the first thing to come to mind, but there are so many other denim pieces that you can style for game days. For instance, longer-length denim shorts are very trendy and can be paired with just about any top. Denim tops, such as this strapless button top, are also sold at many stores.

5. Sporty Staples

Sometimes, I wish that I could just wear workout clothes to tailgate and attend Gator games because it is so hot outside, but I have come up with a solution: wear sporty pieces. Track pants are great because they are comfortable, not skin-tight and breathable. This pair of Edikted track pants caught my eye because of the ribbon tie near the ankle, giving these pants a more feminine touch. I can imagine these pants worn with a white cami with a UF logo, like this Gator logo tank from Hype and Vice. Other sporty staples include orange and blue sneakers, hats and fun sunglasses.

6. Sheer Knits and Layering

Sheer knit clothing has been popular since last spring, but it will still likely be seen throughout the year. I really like this orange scoop neck knit tank top with a tie closure. It’s different and airy while still being fashion-forward. I can imagine wearing this top with a denim mini-skirt. Knit hollow out cropped sweaters will also be worn for the Orange and Blue Game over a tank top.

7. Feminine Details

Dainty, girly clothing is always cute. Rosettes are making a comeback and can be seen on necklaces, shirts, shoes and more. This white rosette top from White Fox has a halter neck with a rosette in the center. It can be dressed up or down and can be worn with just about any bottom. Another girly trend is ruffles. We have all seen those Edikted white ruffle mini shorts, but here is a white layered ruffle mini skirt with a similar look but a longer length to make your outfit stand out.

I hope that this style guide helps you brainstorm an outfit for the Orange and Blue Game and gets you excited for the day full of school spirit. I know I am looking forward to spending the day with all my friends, and I can’t wait to see the outfits people come up with on April 13.

Hey everyone! I am Neenah Brown, a second-year English major at the University of Florida. I am so excited to be able to pursue my passion for journalism on the Her Campus UFL team! In my free time, I like to work out, play tennis, shop, spend time with friends, go to the beach and eat at Chick-Fil-A. My writing is usually about shopping and clothing trends and college life as a Gator. After graduation, I plan on attending law school.