New York Fashion Week: What’s Still On Our Mind

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Though New York Fashion Week ended a week ago, the designers’ collections and shows have not left our minds. All of our favorite designers had jaw-dropping collections that I’m sure had every fashionista in the world drooling. The Spring 2012 collections from designers such as Badgley Mischka, Luca Luca, Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung and Zac Posen have fashion-minded collegiettes here at UF still wonderstruck. Take a look below to find out why.

Badgley Mischka
Badgley Mischka’s show definitely made an impression on us. I’m not sure if it was the killer hair and makeup, the unique runway or the eccentric collection, but it left us wanting more. A few of the designer’s looks seem heavily inspired by mermaids  the colors, the prints, the silhouttes. I’m sure “The Little Mermaid” would have definitely loved wearing one of Mischka’s numbers.

Luca Luca
Luca Luca made it clear that the rule of “No white after Labor Day” is long, long gone. These two looks from his collection prove that not only is white okay after Labor Day — it’s fantastic.

Jason Wu
Jason Wu’s collection was incredible as he added the perfect amount of pink to his looks. Look at that full pink skirt! It’s like an exact replica of a skirt you’d put on Barbie. And that’s what this collection reminded me of. There wasn’t a single look from this collection that wasn’t Barbie-esque.

Prabal Gurung
Prabal Gurung’s collection was amazing enough to leave us at a loss for words. The designs featured fantastic hues of purple mixed with the perfect amount of black. I mean that dress fits “Gossip Girl”‘s Serena Van der Woodsen perfectly! Don’t you think so?

Zac Posen
And finally, Mr. Zac Posen’s line. I don’t think “amazing” quite suffices as an adjective to describe the designers Spring 2012 collection. Look at those gowns! They are all absolutely gorgeous and so regal. Couldn’t you imagine seeing the majority of these worn by your favorite stars on the red carpet at the Oscars?

Karina Cuevas is currently enrolled as a freshman at the University of Florida, Class of 2014, as a Journalism and Political Science double-major and a German and Business Administration double-minor. Born in New York, she moved to Orlando, Florida with her family 6 years ago and is now residing in Gainesville, Florida, thus experiencing life in both urban and rural areas. When she isn't watching E!, obsessing over Gossip Girl, working part-time at Hollister, singing along to Taylor Swift's songs, shopping, or baking, Karina enjoys journaling, taking photos around campus, and spending time with her friends and family. Because she's interested in fashion, music and journalism, after college Karina hopes to move back to New York City and land a job at a prominent magazine. (Because magazines aren't dead.) ♥