This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Pascal’s Coffeehouse

I was very impressed by my experience at this quaint coffee shop across the street from campus. I appreciated that their coffee had a taste different from the coffee chains. Not only did the coffee taste great, but there was also a variety of choices on their menu. The thing to top it all was the atmosphere. In the Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts around campus, there is barely enough room for anyone to sit and relax or do homework. Even if there are seats, they are almost always already taken up by students. However, this was not the case at Pascal’s. This coffee shop is two stories with plenty of tables and space for people to study.

This really opened my eyes to what I was missing out on by not trying out the other coffee shops in the area.

Karma Cream

Viviana Isabella Moreno, a UF student, recommended Karma Cream. “I’ve loved Karma Cream since my sister was attending UF, a good decade ago,” Viviana said. Karma Cream, located at 607 W University Ave., is a little bit farther from campus but definitely worth trying out! If you prefer your drinks organic, Karma Cream is known for them. And not only do they sell coffee, but you can also purchase vegan ice cream, which I have heard tastes amazing. This is definitely the place for you if you are looking for healthier coffee, food and dessert options.

Wyatt’s Coffee

Wyatt’s Coffee was another coffee shop recommended by a few students. This coffee shop is located downtown, at 202 SE 2nd Ave., so it’s perfect for a fun trip downtown. I have heard from students that they frequent this coffee shop because the coffee tastes great and it’s a perfect place for studying.

Coffee Culture

This coffee shop, located at, 2020 NW 13th St., was also recommended. When asked what her favorite coffee shop was around Gainesville, Ydalmis Gonzalez, a UF student, said “Coffee culture! Their monthly specialty drinks are always great!” With an eccentric vibe and plenty to choose from, it’s a great option for mixing up your coffee routine.

Volta Coffee

This coffee shop, located at 48 SW 2nd St., has added benefits because they also sell chocolate! Alexis Vega, a UF student, said “Volta is super cute with great coffee!”

Bay Island Coffee Company

In my opinion, this is the most interesting coffee shop I have ever seen. It is located at 3270 SW 35th Blvd. in the middle of a parking lot. Rachel Weinsoff, a UF student, said Bay Island is “drive through but so good!”

Some of the other coffee shops that students recommended include Patticakes in the Village, located at 9124 SW 51st Rd. Also recommended coffee shops included, Concord Coffee, located at, 1380 W University Ave., Curia on the Drag, at 2029 NW 6th St., and CYM Coffee Co, at 5404 NW 8th Ave.

If you’re a coffee lover like me, and you’re bored of having the same coffee drinks, I hope this helps you to find a new favorite coffee shop!

Ashlyn is a student at the University of Florida studying journalism.