Music Mondays: 5 Tours You Need To Catch This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Each time a new tour is announced, I thank the heavens for putting Gainesville in such a prime traveling location. I can hop on the interstate and be in major cities in less than five hours. (Tallahassee, you mad?) With the Gainesville music scene looking dormant so far this semester, I’ve put together some tours that are worth your while to go the extra mile(s) this semester.

1. WALK THE MOON: #TALKINGISHARD TourYou know the song. Everyone knows the song. Your dog Gary knows the song. But what Gary doesn’t know is that the rest of the “Shut Up And Dance” quartet’s album is just as good, if not better, than their breakout single. (“Aquaman” is the most played song on my iPod. Fact.) WTM spews positivity and good vibes from every orifice of their neon-clad bodies, and it makes their performances that much more enjoyable and just plain fun to watch. Songs like “I Can Lift a Car,” “Portugal” and “Anna Sun” give the crowd a sense of togetherness that I can only describe as being at a WTM show. Side note: The bassist has a really nice smile, too.

Monday, Oct. 12 – The Moon – Tallahassee, FloridaTuesday, Oct. 13 – The Fillmore Miami Beach – Miami, FloridaWednesday, Oct. 14 – House of Blues Orlando – Orlando, Florida

2. Twenty One Pilots: Blurryface TourYou may be a huge fan of this band, or you may remember them from asking yourself, “Who is that white guy spittin’ rhymes next to A$AP at the VMAs?” Either way, the Columbus-based duo puts on a live show full of nonstop energy with a force like you’ve never seen before. At a Twenty One Pilots show, you’ll find drummer Josh Dun doing backflips off pianos, and frontman Tyler Joseph climbing things, playing the ukulele or walking on top of the crowd (like Jesus on water, but on people’s faces). Needless to say, it’s an invigoratingly good time. Also, at Lollapalooza this summer, a photographer captured this moment of Joseph that has become one of my favorite pictures on the Internet. I’d like to caption it, “Me walkin’ into my 8:30 a.m. class on a Monday.”

Tuesday, Oct. 6 – The Tabernacle – Atlanta, GeorgiaWednesday, Oct. 7 – The Tabernacle – Atlanta, GeorgiaThursday, Oct. 8 – House of Blues Orlando – Orlando, Florida

3. Halsey: Badlands TourShe’s growing more and more popular by the day, so if you haven’t heard a lot about this chick, you will soon. Ashley Frangipane, who goes by her stage name Halsey, is a singer/songwriter who skyrocketed straight to No. 1 on Billboard’s Alternative Albums chart this month with her debut release, Badlands. She opened for Imagine Dragons this summer and once her Badlands tour comes to a close, she’ll head back on the road again to open for megastar The Weeknd. So, she’ll basically be everywhere. And she’s only 20. And I feel exceptionally unaccomplished.

Friday, Oct. 16 – Buckhead Theatre – Atlanta, GeorgiaSaturday, Oct. 17 – House of Blues Orlando – Orlando, Florida

4. The Maine: Free For All TourThe Maine is a great band – I’ve seen them live a couple of times, and their new album that dropped earlier this year is probably their best yet. But, you know what the best thing about this fall tour is? It’s free. Yes, folks, the title doesn’t lie. The shows are 100 percent, no-strings-attached free (well, except gas money to get there). The Maine’s Free For All fall tour is something not a whole lot of bands can say they’ve done, and that’s traveling across 13 states to play songs for fans just to give back. That’s pretty darn cool, The Maine.

Friday, Sept. 18 – Jannus Live – Saint Petersburg, FloridaSaturday, Sept. 19 – House of Blues Orlando – Orlando, FloridaSunday, Sept. 20 – The Masquerade – Atlanta, Georgia

5. Taylor Swift: The 1989 World TourI don’t exactly consider myself a fan of T-Swift. No matter how catchy “All You Had To Do Was Stay” can be, I can’t bear to subject myself to her #girlsquad Instagram posts and her “everything is flowers and sunshine” attitude in the press. That being said, I can’t deny that the 1989 World Tour looks like it’s been a blast for fans, and conveniently, she’s ending her North American leg right here in the Sunshine State. Just imagine which insanely famous people she’ll bring onstage for her last show – it could literally be anyone. Maybe it’ll be Justin Bieber. Maybe it’ll be Beyoncé and Jay-Z. Maybe it’ll be the Queen of England (I wouldn’t doubt her reach). So go, Swifties and non-Swifties alike – go to 1989 and hear “What Do You Mean” or “God Save the Queen” (or both).

Saturday, Oct. 24 – Georgia Dome – Atlanta, GeorgiaTuesday, Oct. 27 – American Airlines Arena – Miami, FloridaSaturday, Oct. 31 – Raymond James Stadium – Tampa, Florida

Photo credit:www.flickr.com

Courtney is a third-year journalism major from Jacksonville and could not be more excited to start her first semester with Her Campus. With her love for concerts starting in kindergarten, she's seen almost 100 shows in seven states to date. When she's not daydreaming about Harry Styles, she’s catching up on CBS reality shows, online shopping or chugging sweet tea (and, probably, still daydreaming about Harry Styles).
Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!