The Most Instagrammable Eats in Gainesville

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

In food, and in life, aesthetics matter. I mean, that has to be why food Instagram accounts are so trendy right now. If you people don’t immediately salivate at your food pictures, you’re doing it wrong. Luckily in Gainesville, there are a few spots that will satisfy your taste buds, and make your Instagram feed dope. 

Three Natives

What to Get: ‘The Bird’ Acai Bowl

What would this list even be if acai didn’t have a spot? Three Natives is a beachy juice and acai bowl spot in Gainesville. They serve up beautiful bowls filled with the frozen, purple acai puree, fresh fruit and crunchy granola. In the store, they have wooden tables, a beachy environment and good lighting, making every picture you snap perfect.

Crane Ramen

What to Get: Shoyu Ramen

Ramen is a trendy dish right now. It’s light, yummy, and best of all, looks really pretty in pictures. It’s such a simple idea, but has so many layers to it. Crane Ramen is one of the only ramen joints in Gainesville. Go fill your belly and ‘gram’ away

Reggae Shack Café:

What to Get: Tropi-q Bacon Burger

I know. It seems crazy to get a burger at a Jamaican restaurant, but trust me, this burger puts all others to shame. Topped with bacon, cheese, special sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and a huge stack of onion rings, this burger is big enough to feed a village. Your Instagram followers will actually drool over this mountainous meal. Note: be sure to put your flash on!

Satchel’s Pizza

What to Get: Literally anything, just make sure you sit in the van.

While Satchel’s has great food, 99 percent of the reason they’re on this list is because of the restaurant’s eclectic atmosphere. It’s part pizzeria, part gift shop, part junk museum. There’s truly no place like it. Their pizza looks good enough to make anyone hungry. And, if you sit out in the van up front, you’ll look pretty hip, too.

Sweet Dreams of Gainesville

What to Get: Ice Cream…in as many flavors as possible.

Sweet Dreams is quintessential of a classic ice cream shop. They make their own ice cream every day (and their own waffle cones!) Each day you can find 24 flavors at the store. And yes, you can get a scoop of each one.

These places are great. Whether you’re a food blogger, or just like to eat, they’re sure to make an awesome picture.

Photo Credits: cyneats.com, Instagrams of @kellyehatton, @laurynashling, @bigoledil, @yelpgainesville, @reallyhotdad

Kelly is a sophomore studying telecommunications and English at UF. She is the Campus Cutie writer and couldn't be more excited for her first semester on the Her Campus UFL team! Kelly is an avid traveler, coffee lover, and Netflix junkie. She is also a member of Delta Zeta and a dual citizen of Canada and the United States. Kelly spent her summer at WWSB ABC 7 as a digital media intern. She hopes to one day produce and write for television in a city like New York or Toronto.