Mix Up Your Music With These 5 Hot DJs on SoundCloud

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

You know those songs you just love to jam to in the car with your friends or while getting ready for a night out? You can scroll through endless YouTube videos or search for them on Spotify, but sometimes, you can find some gems hidden from SoundCloud. This music platform is one that lets users upload and record their own original sounds. It also allows listeners to interact with friends’ activity. Personally, I love SoundCloud because of all the new remixes I find on my favorite songs. Here is my suggested list of the top DJs to follow:

1. Kaskade Called the “new face of electronic dance music” by The New York Times in 2011, Kaskade has been performing for more than a decade. The Grammy winner has performed at Lollapalooza and Coachella. Not only does the Chicago native do mash-ups with other famous DJs, but he also creates his own music to inspire people. Despite his widespread popularity, Kaskade still offers his music for download on his SoundCloud page. To invoke a feeling of pure bliss and excitement, listen to a couple of his sets before a night out or check out my personal favorite, his Ultra 2014 set.

2. Kygo Kygo, another dreamy music producer from Norway, remixes songs ranging from M83 and Coldplay to The Weeknd. With more than 400,000 followers on SoundCloud, he’s definitely more well known, but that’s partially because of his remix of “I See Fire” by Ed Sheeran, which had about 40 million hits on YouTube. Kygo’s music is the type that you can never really get tired of, which might explain why I’ve listened to his remix of “Often” by The Weeknd more than 50 times since he released it a month ago. If you’re interested in downloading his music, you can visit his Facebook page.

3. Route 94 The London native has been producing dubstep and deep house music since 2010. His stage name, Route 94, comes from the road that runs from Chicago to Detroit, which birthed house and techno music. His debut single, “My Love” with Jess Glynne, skyrocketed him into the spotlight in 2013. The tune is so catchy you can’t help but replay it over and over again in the car with your friends or at the beach.

4. Matoma Matoma is a 23-year-old music producer and pianist from Norway. Through his music, he hopes to create an atmosphere filled with good vibes and tones, according to his website bio. His 32,000+ followers can attest to the vibes brought on by his groovy mixes. His deep house style of music is perfect for getting ready for an adventurous day with your best friends or on a drive to the springs,.

5. Kasum The Boston University student brings back your ‘90s days with his remix of Sum 41’s “In Too Deep.” The mix was recognized by Sum 41’s Cone McCaslin and hit No. 1 on Hypem, another music platform, which allows users to “love” songs. The nostalgia continues with Kasum’s remixes of Green Day’s “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” and Smash Mouth’s “All Star.” All of his songs are available for download through SoundCloud and Facebook. You can catch me listening to his EDM songs when I’m at the gym or on a run.

These are just my favorite artists, but the beauty of SoundCloud is that there are so many artists out there. It’s impossible not to find one to absolutely fall in love with. If you’d like to listen to more of my favorites on SoundCloud, you can go ahead and check out my account to broaden your horizons by exploring the vast world of music! Enjoy!

Hi! My name is Kristia, but I also go by Kris. I'm from Miami, but now I'm at the University of Florida. I'm a second-year public relations major and a member of Alpha Omicron Pi. Some of my favorite things to do are painting, reading, blogging and finding new music.I'm a cat person. My favorite place in the whole world is Costa Rica. You can check out my personal blog at thehiddenbeats.wordpress.com