megan thee stallion?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
megan thee stallion?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
NBC

MEGAN THE STAR

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

This year’s Forbes 30 under 30 list makes history with Megan Thee Stallion on its cover.

On Nov. 29, Forbes announced its 30 under 30 class of 2023, featuring 600 leaders across various spaces, all under the age of 30. On its cover is none other than 27-year-old rapper, performer and songwriter Megan Thee Stallion. This is Megan’s second time on Forbes’ 30 under 30 as she was included in the music category in 2020, but this is the first time on the cover, becoming the first Black woman to do so. Megan’s cover comes on the heels of a year full of new music, performances, endorsements and philanthropy.

In March, Megan released her popular collaboration with Dua Lipa, “sweetest pie,” followed by her second studio album “Traumazine” in August. Throughout the year, she performed at festivals across the country, accompanied Dua on some shows for her “Future Nostalgia” Tour and performed at the 94th Academy Awards.

Megan also had numerous endorsements in 2022 with companies like Nike, Frito-Lay, Revlon, Popeyes and Cash App. Megan’s partnership with Frito-Lays had her voice a Superbowl commercial for its Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, which earned her an estimated $2 million. Her collaboration with Popeyes included her own “Hottie Sauce” and the opening of her own Popeyes restaurant.

For all her endorsements, Megan ensures she works with brands and products she genuinely likes and wants her fans to try. She explained to Forbes, “I cannot fake it. If I’m not naturally into [a product], I don’t want to sell it.”

Beyond this, Megan started the Pete and Thomas Foundation in February in honor of her late parents, Joseph Pete Jr. and Holly Thomas. The foundation’s goal is to help underserved communities with education, health and housing. Mayor of Houston, Sylvester Turner, also awarded Megan a key to the city in May and announced May 2 as Megan Thee Stallion Day in Houston.

With her busy year, Megan earned an estimated $13 million. She said to Forbes, “I can’t slow down right now. I’ll take a break when I’m dead. I’m trying to really build something. When I start sitting, I feel like I’m not doing enough or I’m giving somebody else the opportunity to pass me.”

Along with Megan, Forbes class of 2023 featured women making history in other spaces including Hailey Bieber, founder of skin care brand Rhode Skin, Ayo Edebiri, star of “The Bear,” Dina Radenkovic, co-founder and CEO of Gameto, a biotechnology company that focuses on providing women with cheaper and improved fertility and Noah McQueen, co-founder and head of research at Heirloom, who is working to reduce global warming and counteract its negative effects etc. Both Forbes’ cover and its 30 under 30 list feature women from all spaces, celebrating them and their achievements at such a young age. Be sure to check out the full list here!

Shivani Shah is an editor at the Her Campus chapter at the University of Florida. She oversees articles on various topics within entertainment and culture. She also enjoys sharing important updates about the local community and the world with readers through her writing. Currently, Shivani is a microbiology and cell science student at the University of Florida. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading journals and magazines, drawing henna, binging shows on Netflix, and listening to music.