#ManCrushMonday: Orlando Bloom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I’m just going to admit it right here, right now. I am obsessed with Orlando Bloom. There, I got it off my chest. Ever since fifth grade, he’s been the man for me. I actually have life-size standup posters of him at home because my middle school self thought they would be a great addition to my bedroom décor. Now they stand and wear discarded party hats. You can only imagine my excitement when it was announced that Orlando would be returning for the fifth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series that made him a household name. There are so many reasons to love the Brit who has definitely earned a page in the big book of celebrity heartthrobs for his years of dedicated service, so why don’t we just go over a few?

Move over, Katniss. As much as we love a girl who can kick butt with a bow and arrow, there’s just something so attractive about Orlando doing it.

He’s versatile. Pirate, elf, it doesn’t matter. Orlando is stealing hearts in every role he plays.

Orlando was married to former Victoria’s Secret Angel Miranda Kerr. As sad as we are that they’re no longer together, this means he’s on the market and has good taste in women.

There’s no denying it. This man knows how to have a good time. ~*DaNcE LiKe No OnE Is WaTcHiNg, OrLaNdO*~

He knows all the right things to say. Come to think of it, with his accent, he could read the back of a cereal box and we’d still be infatuated.  Orlando is a big animal lover. Here he is with his dog Sidi, who he found on the set of a movie in 2005.                                                                                                                                              

His smile is love. His smile is life. His smile is everything. 

Bonus: Last summer, Orlando punched Justin Bieber at a restaurant in Ibiza, sparking what has got to be my favorite celebrity feud of all time. If that’s not enough to convince you to love him, then I’m not sure what can.

Amanda is a senior studying Telecommunication News and the Campus Cutie Writer for Her Campus UFL. She also works as a reporter for WUFT News and as a writer for Fnatic. When she’s not working Amanda enjoys watching Food Network, cats, eating mashed potatoes, and playing League of Legends