diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

Makeup Products to Try This Spooky Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Everyone loves the comeback of pumpkin spice lattes and Ugg boots. Now that fall is finally here, it’s the perfect time to start taking advantage of all the cute trends that come with the season. One way to spice up your style is through your makeup look. During the school year, most people get into the routine of wearing the same makeup look every day. I know this from experience, so I always look for an excuse to change up my makeup routine and add some color to it. All the berry and orange colors of fall make for fun eye and lip looks.

I, like most college students, don’t have the money to spend on buying new makeup all the time, especially the expensive brands with the prettiest packaging. After trying several different drugstore products and comparing them to expensive brands, I found some drugstore products to compete with even the best of the expensive brands. So, here are some products to help you (pumpkin) spice up your everyday makeup!

Chiseled face using bronzer

When the falls season, it’s time to ditch the natural, beachy look and switch up your makeup to accommodate the spooky season. A good place to start is bronzing your face. This creates a more chiseled look to your features so your contour could rival the masterpiece that is Morticia Addams.

Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer ($13.23 at Walmart)

Gold highlighter

If you’re someone who loves makeup, chances are you use highlighter on the daily. It not only makes your skin look flawless, but it adds that sparkle you need in your life. There are so many types of highlighters, making it hard to choose which tone or glitter intensity you want for your makeup look. If you want your makeup to look festive for the season, gold highlighter would be the perfect addition to your fall makeup look.

Maybelline Face Studio Master Highlighter in Molten Gold ($6.69 at Target)

Burgundy eyeshadow

There are so many eyeshadow palettes and colors available, it’s impossible to decide which shades you want to go with. For the fall, try a striking burgundy eyeshadow to accent your eye color. There’s a dark berry shade for everyone, so here’s an excuse to test every shade on your hand at Sephora!

Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Palette ($5.99 at Target)

Winged eyeliner

The fall season is the perfect time to take advantage of this makeup look because heavier eye makeup does best with cold weather. You can add this to your everyday makeup look with just a thin cate eye, or when you have a special occasion you can go for a more bold, thick wing. Mastering the art of the cat-eye may take a little time, but it’ll be worth it when you see how great it makes your eyes look for the fall.

L‘Oreal Paris Infallible Eyeliner ($10.99 at CVS)

Vampy lips

The last autumnal makeup trend that’s fun to play with is a vampy lip color. You can use any type of darker lipstick to get this effect. It goes perfectly with the spooky season and the resting witch face look..

NYX Professional Makeup Lipstick ($5.33 at Walmart)

The fall season and all the festivities that come with it are super fun, especially if you amp up your makeup and play into the spirit of the season. You don’t need to wait for Halloween week to test out a fun new makeup look!

Ashlyn is a student at the University of Florida studying journalism.
UF Class of 2021. Journalism & women's studies. Viviana Moreno is a writer and online creative dedicated to exuding warmth and promoting inclusivity. She creates content that fuels truth and curiosity through her contributions to publications that seek to empower and inform primarily college-aged individuals.