This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Spoiler alert!

Love is Blind follows a cohort of single people within the same geographical region that undergo a social experiment. These individuals endure 10 days of dating… behind a wall. The dating couples only get to hear each other’s voices, with the goal to avoid their appearances and fall in love with one another for who they genuinely are as a person. At the end of the experiment, they will determine if love is truly blind. The couples within Love is Blind season two, however, have subjectively been a group of incompatible train wrecks to watch.

Warning: these are my unfiltered opinions. While I know these are real people, and I do not know any of them personally, they are also TV personalities.

Shayne and Shaina… I mean, Natalie

Let us be real, Shayne wanted to end up with Shaina. The second he asked Natalie to be his girlfriend in the pods, it was evident that he regretted his decision. I would personally love to see an alternate reality where Shayne and Shaina end up together. I think both their inflated egos would complement one another perfectly.

Natalie seems like an angel on earth. I honestly do not know what attracts her to Shayne. Between the consistent gaslighting, manipulation and terrifying glares, I honestly could not piece together this couple. While Shayne is the type of person that needs a compliment every second of every day, Natalie expresses her love in a different manner. This couple’s love languages differ entirely and without having a mutual understanding of what can satisfy the other person, they may have been doomed for a breakup from the start.

Deepti and Shake

Again, we are presented with another amazing woman who is subjected to the manipulation of these unbelievable men. I could write an entire paper about how amazing Deepti is to me. I think the love and care she shows others are overwhelmingly radiant. She seems like the kindest and most empathetic person ever and she deserves the world and so much more. Can we say girl crush?

Shake revealed red flags from the start. I knew love could never be blind for him, just based on the questions he asked about the women’s weight and appearances, even from the pods. However, to constantly be wrapped up in Deepti’s appearances, rather than who she is as a person is indicative of what he values in others. Honestly, she will be better off with someone who will love her holistically.

Mallory and Salvador

Unpopular opinion: Mallory is frustrating. Maybe I am just a hater. From watching the episodes, it seems like she was not into Sal enough to get married to him, but she enjoyed the little things he did for her. I dream about men like Sal. he is sweet, empathetic, patient and pays attention to the little details. The reciprocation from Mallory’s end was non-existent. She and Sal just did not seem to have a strong connection in my eyes. Maybe dating outside of a television show will work better for them?

Jarrett and Iyanna

The Jarrett, Iyanna and Mallory love triangle made me mad beyond compare. I would go to war for Iyanna. She seems like America’s sweetheart. While Jarrett approached the situation with him and Mallory in an uncomfortable manner at first, I ultimately loved the chemistry between him and Iyanna. I think they are trusting, playful and have a great foundation. Wow… for once I am not completely bashing a couple on this show. Let us see how long this lasts…

Nick and Danielle

Hot mess express.

When were they not fighting? Most of their argument had been over nothing, too. Danielle knew that she was not in the best place to be participating in a social experiment like this, as expressed to her friends during her bachelorette party. They have a lot to work through. Initially, Nick seemed like a very sweet and understanding person, but I think, in the end, Danielle just kept pushing him until he hit his breaking points. They wound up saying “I do” on their wedding day, but I cannot wait to watch the reunion episode to see how they are doing now. I am sure you all can guess my predictions of their current relationship status.

Shaina and Kyle

No comment.

At the end of the day

To undergo a two-month social experiment that results in marriage is a leap of faith. Every person that enters the show had an open heart. They wanted to get to the root of who people were without seeing their faces or body, and that is a grand testament to their character. Well, maybe not Shake’s. While the show concluded with a few breakups and a couple of marriages, it delivered the message that love is not always blind; love is about understanding, patience, and empathy and in the end, it has the potential to be blind.

Keila is a third-year Journalism student at the University of Florida. She was born and raised in Orlando, Florida. As a true Florida native, Keila is obsessed with all things Disney. She loves reading, writing, film, glitter, the color pink, and the oxford comma (scary, we know). Keila hopes to have a career central to writing and editing.