Style

Lime Green Is Back: 6 Ways to Style This Trending Color

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

From Blake Lively’s Versace neon green suit to Kim Kardashian’s lime green outfit and matching hair, this shade of green seems to be having a color moment right now in celebrity fashion trends. Wearing this color can be a little tricky, but incorporating it into your outfit can be really fun and can add a little edge to your look.

Here are some outfit ideas for how to style this trending color.

Laid-back 

This tracksuit from Forever 21 incorporates the lime green color in a plaid pattern along with different hues of yellow. Although the lime green is subtle, it makes the overall outfit pop and doesn’t make the yellow too overwhelming. Style it with a “dad hat” or a beanie to give it that extra laid-back look, and pair it with simple sneakers like this black classic pair from Vans.

Professional

If you’re looking to add a little edge to your suit to make yourself stand out in an interview but don’t think you can pull off Blake Lively’s daring look of an all neon green suit, try these high-waisted green dress pants from Fashion Nova. For a top, style this black satin wrap blouse with this cape blazer from New York & Company to polish your outfit. Finish the look with these chic black pumps, and you’ll be ready to rock the interview in style.

Sporty

If you’ve ever been to any Nike or Adidas store, you’ve probably seen many workout clothes with neon colors. That’s because the vibrant neon workout gear can add a little motivation to your gym routines. For a complete lime green sporty look, you can get this tracksuit with a cropped track jacket from Adidas. If bright-colored tracksuits aren’t your thing, some statement shoes to style with a black workout ensemble, like these Adidas glowing green shoes, will give you a combination of comfort and a modern design for an overall bold look. 

Bundle up!

Winter coats are the best winter accessory, and this season, you can stay away from the neutral colors and reds in favor of wearing a neon green jacket. Although the coat pictured is a dark, rich lime green color, you can still get a similar one in bright neon green from PrettyLittleThing. I paired my jacket with a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans and finished the look with chunky platform white leather combat boots.

Everyday chic

Many people think that neon colors look very cheap when worn and shouldn’t have a seat in high fashion, but turning neon colors into chic outfits can be really simple when combined with the right colors. For one look, I combined this lime green chiffon shirt from New York & Company with a twisted front design and paired it with black jeans and white high-top Vans sneakers. This is a perfect sleek look for a busy college girl looking to stay presentable and comfortable in style.

Light the night

If you’re feeling a little brave and in the mood for channeling Kim Kardashian’s street style for a night out, wear this neon green midi dress from Fashion Nova. Make the look more vibrant with these fuchsia sandals from I.N.C., and top it off  by accessorizing it with these Swarovski fuchsia hoop earrings.

It’s always fun to experiment with different styles and colors, so don’t be shy in adding neon green to your outfits. With these style inspirations, you can be bright while not looking like a traffic cone.

Jana is a graduate from the University of Florida with a degree in biology and a certificate in Spanish. She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, entertainment, the environment and everything in between.