Letter from the Editor: UFL Blogs Fall 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Welcome back, collegiettes! My name is Shelby Boehm, and I am the Blog Editor for Her Campus UFL. I can’t wait for the brand new content this year will bring! Below, I’ve listed a preview of some of the amazing blogs, both new and returning, that you’ll be able to read on the Her Campus UFL website this semester:

Returning Blogs 
Fitness with Finesse by Valerie Crum 
Trying to avoid the “Freshmen 15” (or work it off)? You’ll definitely want to check out Valerie’s fitness tips and clean-eating recommendations every other Wednesday.

Quotes n’ Notes by Becca Clark 
Every other Monday, Becca will discuss a quote from a famous individual and how that wisdom can apply to collegiette women like you. This blog will be a great source of inspiration to start off your week!

The Bookworm Belle by Shelby Boehm 
I might be biased, but I believe anyone who loves books and reading would absolutely love my blog, The Bookworm Belle. This semester, I’ve made a Book Club list of reads that I’ll discuss and highlight every other Monday throughout the semester. My blog is a great way to discover new books and authors while breaking away from the rigorous classroom reading many of us are assigned.

Budget Busting by Ellen Villafuerte 
Learn how to save for your “needs” and splurge your “wants” when Ellen takes over our Budget Busting blog every other Friday this fall. Money-saving tips are sure to be involved, so this is definitely a must read for any college student!

Gator Glam by Kelli Eichorn 
From skin care tips to makeup how-to’s, Kelli will give you insight into the world of beauty when Gator Glam returns every other Tuesday. This blog will have you looking good whether you’re just heading to class or getting ready for a big night on the town.

The Crafty Gator by Rachael Schaaf 
The Crafty Gator is the ideal blog for all of your crafting and artsy needs! Every other Thursday, Rachael will be making a fun craft, reviewing it, and telling you how to do it on your own. Dorm makeover, anyone?

UFashion by Anagabriela Medina 
Looking to make a fashion statement on campus this semester? Head over to UFashion every other Tuesday where Anagabriela will update you on the latest trends and fashion faux pas before you head to your next big event on campus.

New Blogs 
Entertainment Ten by Abbie Dorwart 
For the Top-10 weekly buzz on all things entertainment, check out Abbie’s new blog Entertainment Ten every other Friday.

Grrrl Talk by Sarah Hernandez 
At our age, “Girl Code” is a must. The theme of Sarah’s new blog, Grrrl Talk, is centered around women’s issues and student life. Make sure you check it out every other Wednesday — us girls need to stick together!

The Dish by Hillary Hoffower 
Although Gainesville has an array of great places to eat, cooking at home can be both less expensive and more fun than dining out. Visit Hillary’s new blog, The Dish, every other Thursday to learn about new recipes you can prepare in the comfort of your own kitchen. 

As always, make sure you stay updated on Her Campus UFL happenings by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Have a great semester!
HC xo, 
Shelby

Her Campus UFL's official account
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.