If Presidential Candidates Were Characters on The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Debates are in full swing. Everyone seems to be clogging your Facebook newsfeed with their political opinions. You can’t watch television without seeing a smear ad for a presidential candidate. The presidential election season can get rather annoying for the average American citizen, so sometimes you just need to relax and make fun of the people running. Here are the 2016 presidential candidates as your favorite characters from The Office.

Hillary Clinton: Jan Levinson

They’re both strong, successful women. Hillary was the Secretary of State and Jan was a supervisor for Dunder Mifflin. They both are forward-thinking and know what they want. The actual success of both of their records, however, is up for debate.

Donald Trump: Todd Packer

Donald Trump is definitely the Todd Packer of the presidential campaign. They can both rub people the wrong way. They have their own sense of humor. They also both love themselves — a lot. Trump and Packer are definitely the bad boys among their peers.

Bernie Sanders: Creed Bratton

Bernie Sanders and Creed are both quirkier characters. They are both more unique than their peers. They’re also both on the older side and have some crazy stories to tell. Despite their age, they’re always trying to appeal to the hip youngsters.

John Kasich: Toby Flenderson

John Kasich seems to be in the shadows of the presidential race. This makes me think of Toby Flenderson. Toby dwells the annex, hidden away from the rest of the office. They’re definitely both underrated by their peers. They also kind of look alike.

Ted Cruz: Kevin Malone

Honestly, the main similarity between these two is their shocking resemblance. One Reddit user even started a theory that Ted Cruz actually was Kevin. He went to a Ted Cruz rally with a banner that featured both of their faces next to one another. He added to his theory, claiming that the actor who plays Kevin, Brian Baumgartner, was nowhere to be seen.

We do have a wide variety of candidates to choose from, but I think we know who we really want as our next president…

Photo Credits: Imgur.com, Tumblr.com, SpeakGif.com, Slate.com, Mstarz.com

Kelly is a sophomore studying telecommunications and English at UF. She is the Campus Cutie writer and couldn't be more excited for her first semester on the Her Campus UFL team! Kelly is an avid traveler, coffee lover, and Netflix junkie. She is also a member of Delta Zeta and a dual citizen of Canada and the United States. Kelly spent her summer at WWSB ABC 7 as a digital media intern. She hopes to one day produce and write for television in a city like New York or Toronto.