I Watched Every Season of the Kardashians, and I’m Obsessed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I watched it so you don’t have to.

The Kardashians are a household name at this point. Between all the siblings owning successful brands and building an empire, it is hard not to know the names Kardashian or Jenner. This past summer, I binge-watched all 20 seasons of Keeping Up with the Kardashians and then the first season of The Kardashians on Hulu, to prepare for the release of the second season. 

Like everyone else, I have always used memes or scenes from the show to form opinions on each of the Kardashians. I mean Kourtney’s response to Kim losing her earring, “Kim there’s people that are dying,” is truly iconic. Well, here are my opinions of each Kardashian/Jenner sisters throughout the show. 

Kim Kardashian:

Kim is the main character of the show, but in the earlier seasons she is for sure overshadowed by her siblings. It is very clear in the earlier seasons that she seems to be “acting” a lot rather than just being herself. She started out being one of my least favorite people because of this. But, in the later seasons, she makes a complete change. She’s confident, funny and ultimately just the most real she has ever been on the show. She went from my least favorite siblings to one of my top favorites.

Kourtney Kardashian: 

I loved Kourtney when I first began the series. She and Khloe had the best relationship out of all the siblings and gave the show all its personality. Kourtney was the reason I stayed for the show. But as the series progressed, Kourtney started to play the victim a lot, even though she was a major bully to her sisters to start with. And now with her constantly making out with Travis Barker, I can barely watch the scenes with her in them. 

Khloe Kardashian: 

Khloe made the show interesting. From getting arrested for a DUI, to her divorce or to getting cheated on too many times to count, Khloe has had a rough time and is always at the center of the drama. She deserves so much more because she truly is the funniest and most caring out of all her siblings. All I’m saying is that Khlo-money would have never given Tristan the chance to cheat on her once again. 

Kendall Jenner: 

Kendall Jenner has dominated the modeling industry. She has walked just about every fashion show that there is, from Victoria’s Secret to Prada. But there is something about her that is so unlikeable and, honestly, rude. From the remarks that she makes to her sisters to how she portrays herself in Victoria’s Secret documentary Angels and Demons, she does not seem like a genuine person at all. I personally think she is in the current season too much and we need to see less of Kendall. 

Kylie Jenner: 

Kylie has built an empire from her beauty brand. She started to become increasingly popular on social media and built a brand around that. It was in her “King Kylie” era that her fanbase grew rapidly, and the youngest of the Kardashian/Jenner sisters even got her own spinoff show. Kylie has always remained semi mysterious which I think is why people love her so much. She has fully mastered her brand with this element of mystery, which is why she will forever be iconic. 

Kris Jenner: 

Kris is the honorary sixth sister. She is the greatest momager out there and has helped to create and carefully curate each of her children’s brands. There wouldn’t even be the Kardashian/Jenner’s without her hard work and dedication. I love Kris. She is a great manager and an even better mother. You can see how much she cares about her children and how she wants the best for them.

Scott Disick:

Ok, so not a Kardashian at all, I know. But Scott made the show, and we all know it. He was hilarious and was the brains behind a lot of the hit pranks in the show, which include his Todd Kraines prank and the Art Vandelay prank. These jokes lasted so long and were extremely entertaining. The only reason I miss Scott is his sense of humor. 

It is pretty obvious I love the Kardashians. As for the new seasons being picked up by Hulu, they are alright so far. I don’t think that anything will top the original Keeping up with the Kardashians, but I’m just glad that the family continued to document their lives for our enjoyment. My final thoughts are that I think all the Kardashian/Jenner’s have changed completely from the beginning of the show, mostly for the better, and I am excited to continue to watch their progress.

Alyssa is a second-year journalism major at the University of Florida. Her dream career would be to incorporate her love of environmental science with her love of writing. In her free time, Alyssa enjoys cooking, working out, and watching Community. When she isn't in class, you can usually find her at a coffee shop or thrift store.