This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

You’re already so instilled in your daily routine, so why change it now? I’m going to be the bearer of bad news here: There’s always time to do better in your beauty routine (the same goes with school.) These are some easy (and not time-consuming) ways to upgrade and feel confident with your beauty routine:

1. Brush your hair

Time consumption: It depends on the hair’s texture and length, but all worth it

Yes, this is something your mom probably tells you. You’re tired of hearing it, but the results are amazing. At first, your hair will look wispy or stringy or just plain frizzy. It’s normal for hair to react this way, but it’s nothing a little oil or shea butter can’t solve. Twist your strands along with your slightly oily or butter-coated fingers concentrating on the roots. It may take a while for the hair to get used to the brushing, tension and static if you don’t usually do it, but just give your strands some time, love and care.

2. Moisturize at night! Moisturize your face, but do not forget about your body (focus on your knees, elbows, and places where you normally shave or wax.)

Time consumption: 2-3 minutes

Moisturizing is so important, especially during cold weather. Plump and supple skin is happy skin. Remember that. To make it easier, keep a huge bottle of Aveeno lotion in the bathroom, so you can apply it after your bath or at night. At night works best because your skin is naturally revitalizing itself, so it just gives it a boost!

Aveeno® Daily Moisturizing Lotion, $5.39 available at target.com

3. Fit a weekly hot bath into your schedule

Time consumption: 20-30 minutes weekly (approximately 0.0019% of your week)

A hot bath can be just what you need in the middle of a stressful week. Try to squeeze in some time in your schedule to draw yourself a weekly hot bath. To skip the latter and call it a day, add a droplet or two of baby oil in your bath for a moisturizing soak. Your muscles and skin will thank you.

(Candles are optional.)

5. See where you can fit in some gym time.

Time consumption: 30-45 minutes (approx. 0.0045% of your week) (Yes, the math is important)

Okay, I know this is not your favorite, but hear me out; a small trip to the gym for 30 to 45 minutes is barely time-consuming. You can still watch your lecture or your daily intake of Shameless while on the treadmill or the StairMaster. Plus, the benefits of going to the gym are ridiculously good for your whole being (here’s proof).

6. Get various cheap and effective lip balms for every purse you carry.

Time consumption: 5 minutes to look for lip balms

I started doing this in August, and since I am a hater of chapped lips (who isn’t?), I promised myself to always have lip balm with me. I scrambled through my makeup bags and found at least 4 lipsticks/balms that I could keep with me at all times. I put one in my car, another in my backpack and the other two in my favorite purses. Chapped lips are a thing of the past. #Win

7. Ditch your hair bands, let your hair fly free.

Time consumption: 0 minutes

Not only do hair bands break your hair, but they deprive moisture to your hair’s ends, which is where they need it the most because it’s the oldest part of your hair. Get rid of hair bands and ponytails overall, but if you cannot live without your signature bun or ponytail, opt for scrunchies. They are still as strong as hair bands while avoiding the breakage situation.

Photo Credit:

target.com

thirdmonk.net

harvesthealthfoods.com

giphy.com

Kimberly is a Puerto Rican native while temporarily located in Gainesville. She is double-majoring in Journalism & Graphic Design. She likes to drink tea and coffee (not in that order), as well as fantasize about her future life in NYC or London. You can find her reading the news or watching crime/murder documentaries on Netflix.