How to Shop ‘Til You Drop Without Breaking the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

With winter holidays on the horizon, stores and customers are gearing up for the traditional shopping spree that hits around this time of the year. Whether you’re shopping for your loved one or yourself, there’s no doubt that you’ll need to shop for somebody. With everyone prepped for another year of gift giving, it’s important to buy smart, and that often means taking advantage of store sales and student discounts. Here are a few stores that have your back on the holiday sweep.

1. Burlington Coat FactoryWhether they have amazing sales or not, Burlington Coat Factory is affordable and has an amazing range of cute sweaters, coats, jeans and boots that won’t end up breaking your wallet.

2. H&MH&M is coming to town! Though it’s not coming until spring 2015, it’s still something to look forward to.. And that doesn’t mean you can’t take a quick detour to any of the cities that offer the fashion destination, like Orlando or Tampa, on your way home for the holidays.

3. Bath & Body WorksIf you or a loved one enjoys the incredible scents that come from this store, then paying a visit to Bath & Body Works might work in your favor. With great sales that offer the opportunity to buy three lotions and get three free, you’ll be getting a big bang for your buck this holiday season.

4. WalmartWhile it may not seem like the ultimate fashionista dream store, Walmart always has awesome prices, especially approaching the winter holidays. Want to buy your best friend that cute pair of gloves you saw at Banana Republic? Try Walmart first; you might find the same pair or a similar kind at the superstore for half the price.

5. TargetTarget is always a good place to shop for perfect gift-wrapping options if you enjoy crafts and pretty gift presentations. Slightly more expensive than Walmart, Target offers a number of options for decorating your gifts and making them adorable for affordable college student prices.

6. JCPenneyWant to stock up on long-sleeve shirts and jeans for real Florida winter? Pay a visit to JCPenney, which Forbes magazine said is the No. 1 store with the best holiday deals. Always fashionable, JCPenney offers some great prices for college students looking to save a little extra this season.

Don’t fret about spending too much money this year. These stores have the best deals going on and have some of the best gifts you can get your collegiette hands on. A piece of advice: Don’t wait until the holidays are right around the corner to get some shopping done. The stores with the best deals are the first ones to be sold out. Happy shopping!

Photo credit:Elephantjournal.com

Alexia Fernandez is a senior at the University of Florida. A journalism major, she has been interested in films, books and pop culture since she can remember. An avid film buff, she hopes to one day write screenplays, make films and tell stories through as many mediums as possible.