How to Dress Like Characters From ‘Stranger Things’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

If you’re like me, you’ve probably binged Netflix’s Stranger Things more times than you’d like to admit — and you’re also (not so) patiently waiting for the return of the popular TV show for season three.

Stranger Things is known for its binge-worthy episodes, lovable characters and most importantly –– the fashion. Set in the 1980s, Stranger Things has some of the best outfits I’ve seen. You don’t have to buy leg warmers or neon pumps to recreate some of the character’s style. Here are several different looks you can pull off with things already in your closet.

Nancy Wheeler

Nancy Wheeler is probably my favorite character on Stranger Things. She’s a nice girl who gets mixed up in some serious Upside Down trouble. Her style is pretty simple. She’s known for her girly sweaters and structured jackets. You can easily recreate her look with your favorite sweater, some light wash jeans, comfy boots and, of course, a fur-lined jacket. Just in case you have to fight a Demogorgon after school, this outfit will be cute and comfortable.

Steve Harrington

Unpopular opinion, but I’ve loved Steve Harrington since the beginning of the show. He really became a contender for my favorite character in season two. You may not be able to recreate his hair, but you can steal some fashion inspiration from our favorite heartthrob. All you need is a pair of high-waisted jeans, a comfy t-shirt, some white sneakers, a belt and, of course, his signature bomber-style jacket. Note: Baseball bat with nails is optional for this look.

Eleven

Even if you’ve never seen Stranger Things, you could recognize this next character. Eleven is an icon of the show and deserves two outfits. No spoilers, but season two Eleven is the definition of girl power.

Season One

Poor Eleven had no choice in her fashion in season one, you know, considering she had just escaped a laboratory that was constantly experimenting on her and could barely form a coherent sentence. Eleven borrowed some tips from Mike’s older sis, Nancy, for her iconic outfit. This sweet style is easy to recreate. You just need a fit-and-flare dress, a jean jacket and some comfy sneakers (for making a quick escape on the back of a bike). For bonus points, feel free to keep some Eggo waffles handy.

Season Two

Season two Eleven is a complete 180 from her sweet outfit in season one. Eleven is really embracing her own style and I’m here for it. To steal her look, all you need is dark jeans, a black top, some cool sneakers and a leather jacket. Feel free to try out the slicked-back hair like Eleven, but I definitely couldn’t pull it off.

Stranger Things offers so much more than any another addictive TV show. I love all the characters and their individual styles. Comment below if you recreate any of these looks. I can’t wait to see what outfits (and plot twists) season three holds!

Hi I'm Bailey! I'm a Jesus loving, coffee drinking 20 something year old college student. I love the Florida Gators, the color navy, and carbs. Follow along while I try to balance school and my love of fashion!