How to Choose the Perfect Holiday Party Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It’s that time of the year again: decorating Christmas trees, watching sappy Hallmark movies, sipping on hot chocolate and, of course, partying your way through the holidays. For all of those holiday parties that don’t require a tacky Christmas sweater, you will need to find the perfect dress to “‘tis the season” in. With the countless amount of different dress styles out there, it can be tough to figure out which style is right for you — the little black dress or the sparkly sequin dress? Here at Her Campus UFL, we want to make sure you find the perfect holiday dress to deck the halls in. Below is the complete guide to helping you figure out what style of dress you should wear for each of your holiday parties.

The classic little black dressIf you want to go for a timeless style, then the little black dress is what you’re searching for. This classic style will give you the chic and simple Audrey Hepburn look you deserve. It is perfect for every occasion, whether it’s a dinner party or a night at the ballet. Just remember the words of Karl Lagerfeld: “One is never over-dressed or underdressed with a little black dress.”Looks we love: Kate Spade, ModCloth, Francesca’s

The radiant red dressA red dress brings a pop of color to every party. Worn with a string of pearls and a pair of heels, this dress will have you holiday-ready in no time. This style is perfect for the gal looking to be festive and chic while still being the life of the party. Listen to the wise words of fashion designer Bill Blass when he said, “When in doubt, wear red.”Looks we love: Anthropologie, Kate Spade, Forever 21

The glittering gold dressA dress covered in gold glitter will automatically make you the life of the party. This style is the perfect combination of glamour and glitz that will make you the center of attention at this year’s holiday parties. If you’re looking to catch someone’s eye, then this is the dress for you because there’s no way to go unspotted. Plus, as the old saying goes, “She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten.”Looks we love: Rickety Rack, Francesca’s, Spool No.72

The sparkly sequin dressThe holiday season is the perfect time for lots and lots of sequins! A sequined dress is perfect to get you in the festive mood. This style is perfect whether you’re ringing in the New Year or raising your glass on Christmas Eve. Bring out your inner Lady Gaga this holiday season and you will “change the world, one sequin at a time.”Looks we love: Forever 21, ASOS, Revolve

The Big Bow DressPut a bow on it this Christmas with a bow dress. This style is perfect for the Blair Waldorfs of the world — bold and elegant. Aside from a small pair of studs, this dress has no need for accessories because the bow speaks for itself. This festive and fun dress will leave you flooded with compliments at the end of the night.Looks we love: ModCloth, Anthropologie, US Trendy

All of these dress styles are perfect to to wear while celebrating the holidays; you just have to figure out which one is right for you. Will it be the classic black, radiant red, glitzy gold, sparkly sequin or the big bow dress? As fun as it is to pick out your holiday dress, it’s not about what you wear, but who you’re with. This season, surround yourself with those you love and look fabulous while doing it in your just-right-for-you holiday dress!  Happy holidays, collegiettes!

Photo credit:www.dailymail.co.uk

Morgan is a public relations freshman at the University of Florida and is a new addition to the Her Campus UFL team. She recently moved to Gainesville from the small city of Deltona, Florida in order to embark on a new journey in her life. She is best described as a motivated individual who does everything to the best of her ability and likes to look good while doing it. Morgan is passionate about fashion, online shopping, and mint chocolate chip ice cream. In her free time she enjoys retail therapy, catching up with her friends and family, spending time outside, and cheering on the Florida Gators. 
Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!