The #HCTour Takeover at UF: A Breakdown of What You Missed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

On April 19, 2016, the Plaza of the Americas was a flurry of freebies and fun, as the HC Tour took over the UF campus. This was most definitely our biggest on-campus event ever, and it was the perfect way to end the semester. We had a ton of goodies to give away from our awesome sponsors, including ASOS, Tinder, CamelBak, Monthly Gift and Micro Kickboard. Keep scrolling to check out some photos from the event!

Our team arrived in the Plaza bright and early to claim our territory smack dab in the middle of the action. Look at those clear blue skies! 

By 10:30 a.m., the line looked like this (even though the event didn’t start until 11 a.m.!)

Aaaaand by 11:30 a.m., the line stretched all across the Plaza. I guess word of mouth and social media coverage did a great job at spreading the word!

Our stylish ASOS ambassadors were decked out from head to toe in ASOS gear as they told students about the brand and handed out delicious cake pops.

Speaking of cake pops, they were a hit! And so was the super cute ASOS photobooth backdrop.

Our Her Campus UFL gals loved meeting the students who came to the event and giving them HC goodie bags filled with products like Skinny Pop popcorn and Pure Silk shaving cream!

One of the biggest hits of the event were these adorable CamelBak water bottles and thermos cups! Peep the Her Campus emblem on the water bottles… so cute!

It’s a match! Everyone loved this awesome Tinder photo cutout. Who knew you could find your match at at Her Campus event!?

A rep from one of our sponsors, Monthly Gift, was handing out free tampons to everyone waiting in line. I mean, who can resist free tampons, amirite?

Oh, the nostalgia. Nothin’ brings back that childhood feeling like the wind in your hair and two wheels beneath your feet. Our homies from Micro Kickboard were giving away ~free~ scooters for anyone looking to zoom around campus in style.

Overall, the HC Tour was a HUGE success, and we can’t wait to hopefully be a host again in the future! We’d like to give another special shoutout to our dope sponsors, and to HC Nationals for allowing us to be the last stop on the Tour! You most definitely saved the best for last!

For more photos from the event, check out our Facebook album here.

And if you’re more of a video kind of person, below is our video recap of the event!

Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!