Grad Student: Marc Whiteman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Marc Whiteman 
Major: Multimedia Journalism (Grad Student) 
Year: 2015 
Hometown: Sunrise, FL 
Age: 22 
Relationship status: Single 
Current Clubs & Organizations: JCA 
Hobbies: Sports, music, friends, journalism, news, current events 
Favorite quote: “Do onto others as you would other do unto you.” 
Favorite Sports team: Miami Heat, Miami Dolphins, Florida Gators 
Morning or night person: Night 
What’s your favorite dessert? Cookies and Crème ice cream 
Celebrity look-alike? Vince Van. “People tell me I look like Vince Vaughn, but I don’t think so.”
Describe yourself in 3 words: Caring, funny, loud 
If you could have any super power what would it be? Flying. “That would be the coolest thing in the world to be able to go anywhere if I just wanted to get away from a situation.”
Where would you go on an all-expense paid trip? Hawaii or Australia. 
Pet-peeves? “Driving below speed in a one lane, not watching where you’re going. People who one-up everything that you say and narcissisms.” 
What is one of your most embarrassing moments on campus? “I trip over my own feet. I wish I could blame it on the street, but it’s just me being clumsy.” 
What’s your favorite way to spend a Saturday? Relaxing and watching football 
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully covering professional sports team in a nice size market. 
Describe one day you’d like to relive? “When I worked Super Bowl XLIV. It was awesome. It’s the closest I’ve ever been to a sports event of that magnitude. It was the coolest thing ever.” 
What’s the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you? “Work hard every day because nothing is given to you” 
What’s one thing you would change about yourself? “I get frustrated at things too easily that I have no control over. I also overanalyze a lot.” 
What are you most passionate about? “My career and the people closest to me.” 
Who’s your celebrity crush? Mila Kunis and Miley Cyrus 
What are the top three qualities a girl must have? “Compassion, wit, and a friendly demeanor.” 
Describe your idea of a perfect date: “A romantic candlelight dinner. Nice drinks, a bottle of wine, great conversation, and then maybe if they’re lucky enough, and I’m drunk enough, a little bit of dancing.” 
What annoys you the most about women? “We’re not mind readers… Don’t make a fuss. I don’t know what you want; I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Just tell me.” 
How can a girl tell if you’re into her? “I get flustered when I start talking too much.”
What’s your take on girls asking guys out? “I don’t prefer it, but I’m not going to not go out with a girl.”
What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl? “When she was feeling down I put on a song and we slow danced in the dark.”
What fashion trend don’t you like about girls? High-wasted jean shorts.
What piece of advice would you give girls about guys? “Just tell us what you’re thinking…” 
Hidden talents: “I’m super flexible.”

I'm passionately curious. www.StephanieTinoco.com www.Facebook.com/StephanieTinocoNEWS @tinocosc StephanieTinoco@mail.com
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.