sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

GIVEAWAY ALERT: HeTexted.com T-Shirts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

In today’s world, our phones rarely leave our sides, and if they have, then we’re most likely in the midst of a panic. Texting has become a part of our generation’s culture of dating. Now added to the list of things to interpret about guys is their text messages. Lucky for us, long gone are the days of arguing with girl friends over what a text means because now we can get the answers we need from HeTexted.com. HeTexted is the place to go when your friends are tired of debating if he really is busy at work, or just busy avoiding you. It offers the answers you want immediately, from totally unbiased people who have been in your situation.

On Tuesday Oct. 22, join the members of Her Campus UFL at Turlington Plaza and support HeTexted’s advice community by grabbing a FREE HeTexted T-shirt. In honor of HeTexted’s services, here are the three text messages we all hate. You’re not alone if you’ve experienced any of these because they’ve all showed up on HeTexted.com!

The Drop Off Text 
Short for the “dropped off a cliff” text. It’s actually happening, a real, enjoyable text message conversation with the guy you’ve been thinking about, and all of a sudden: nothing. That thoughtful message you just sent goes unanswered and you’re forced to second guess the entire conversation.

The One-Worded Text 
Almost just as bad as no answer is a one-worded answer. The list includes Oh, No, Yea, Okay, and even worse than Okay: Kay. You don’t know if he is busy or just doesn’t want to talk to you. Next time this happens, turn to HeTexted and Ask a Bro. They’ll tell you what you need to know.

The Drunken Text 
It always seems like a great idea until the next morning. When we’re drunk, we may say things we don’t mean, and the same goes for text messages. One girl who turned to HeTexted for advice experienced this exact problem with a guy.

Her Campus UFL's official account
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.