This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

This is a Valentine’s Day gift guide for your girlfriend, your Galentine or to send to your lover who needs a little shopping guidance this February. While most women appreciate thoughtfulness and effort, finding a gift that will truly resonate with her can be a bit of a puzzle. These are gifts that any girls I know would fall on the floor and die if they received:

Flowers

Flowers are a must. No compromise. But flower buying is an art, and I’m about to be your Bob Ross.

Firstly, if you can ask her about her favorite flowers, do so and buy those from your local grocery store. They do not have to be expensive or from a florist to be a fabulous gift. If you don’t know what flowers she likes, tulips on their own are always a good choice. Once you grab her favorites, grab another bundle that compliments them (baby’s breath is always a safe choice), arrange the flowers however you like and wrap them in some nice paper. Tip: they’ll do that for free for you at Whole Foods.

You can elevate the experience and take work off her shoulders by placing the flowers in a vase. Thrifting a vase or picking out one that reminds you of her will make all the difference.

If you want to level up your flower gifting, you can opt for a more permanent alternative. Crochet flowers, Lego flowers and silk flowers are always a win. They never wilt and they are so stinking cute. Plus, you can build the Lego flowers together on a date! If you are super craftsy or on a budget, there are super cute paper flower-making tutorials online!

Jewelry

Flowers and jewelry, I know, how unique! Well, this is important because women don’t just want any jewelry and I promise that a heart-shaped diamond Pandora necklace is not on most girls’ wish lists. One word: locket. Buy a simple locket (heart-shaped if you’re feeling romantic), put a picture of you two in it and boom! You’ve won Valentine’s Day. Another great option is a necklace with the first letter of your name on it. Lastly, if you are spending the big bucks, you could get a ring with both of your birthstones. I salute you if you are both April birthdays for that gift. And no matter what you do, make sure to note if she is a silver or gold girl and buy accordingly.

Custom Gifts

To be loved is to be known. Get your girl a gift that lets her know that you truly know her.

If she loves books, buy a cloth bound or special edition of her favorite. Write a love quote from the book or a personal note in the beginning. Buy her a bookmark with her name embroidered on it or a stamp for her library collection. Make a custom perfume with her favorite scents. What’s her favorite album right now? Buy her the vinyl. Gift her favorite bottle of wine. Is she silly? Get her a pillow with your face on it. If she drinks coffee, paint her a mug. Does she love sleeping in and lazy mornings? Pajama sets are perfect, especially if you get a matching one. Does she bake? Get her heart-shaped pans. Start a notes app with all the things she loves in it and go from there

Love letters

Write one and attach it to your gift. I know it sounds intimidating, but it’s not! You could spill your guts for pages or just write a quote that makes you think of her. It’s so much more meaningful than a basic store-bought card and I promise she will cherish it.

I’m still lost

If you are still lost, I have one foolproof tip: ask her best friend! Her bestie will almost always have the best and most specific advice on what she loves and will probably be really flattered that you asked.

Whoever’s still reading, you’re gonna kill it. If you cared this much to read an article to find a great gift, your time and effort will shine through. And if you are my boyfriend reading this, you are so lucky to have a cheat sheet! But knowing him, he already has plans. Anyhoo! Good luck, and if you are also looking for a gift for a special guy, keep an eye out for next week’s article.

Ginger is a third-year Journalism major with a minor and specialty in Theories and politics of Sexuality. Ginger is passionate about fun and honest sex education and hopes to spread sex positivity via mass media. In her free time, Ginger runs a nail art account @ginger_does_nails and is always trying something new with her sorority sisters!