This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Now that Thanksgiving – and the Black Friday sales – are over, it’s time to start figuring out what you’re going to get your loved ones for the holidays. Sounds fun and painless until you realize you’re on a budget. Buying a present for a sister or best girl friend? That’s always easy… you can never go wrong with clothes or accessories!

But what about guys? What do you get a guy for Christmas? Or Hanukkah? And I’m not just talking about a guy friend or a brother… what do you get a boyfriend for the Holidays? Here are some of my favorite gift ideas for that special someone when you’re on a budget:

Just started dating? Things probably aren’t too serious, but you still want to show your guy you care and that you are thinking of him this Holiday season. Sneakily ask your boyfriend what his ideal date would be – and do it. I know my boyfriend would love nothing more than for me to take him to Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse for a meal or buy tickets (even if they’re nosebleeds!) to his favorite team’s next game. These are just small gestures that show you pay attention to what he likes without having to break the bank.

If you’ve been dating for a while and want to do something super romantic, re-enact your first date. My boyfriend and I went to Carrabba’s for dinner, Yogurt Mountain for dessert, and to the movie theater to see The Hangover Part II on our first date. So one night, I would surprise him and pick him up and do it all again. Want to change it up a bit? Pick up a to-go order of what you both ate on your first date, bring it to a park or a beach and eat it under the stars – it’ll add a little more originality and romance!

There’s nothing I love more than photographs, and though most guys don’t show it, they secretly love them, too! Buy a double photo frame, put your favorite photo with your guy in one frame and place a little note on cute paper in the other frame. This plays to your boyfriend’s sentimental side without going over the top.

Want to take it a step further? Fill a small photo album with photos you’ve taken throughout your relationship and caption them with reasons why you loved the moment pictured. Not only does it show how meaningful the relationship is to you, but also it shows that you pay attention to every little detail and want to show him why these details are important.

The most recent gift I gave my boyfriend was a scrapbook. He and I have been dating for over a year, so we’ve made plenty of memories and taken plenty of pictures together. I decided to create “The Story Of Us,” and gave it to him. Unlike an ordinary scrapbook, I only used a sketchbook, pictures and a Sharpie. I went through our entire relationship, writing down everything I remembered about every memory we’ve made. It was time consuming, and my hand certainly cramped up a lot, but it made for a gift that cannot be duplicated or outdone. My boyfriend was certainly impressed, and with these ideas, yours can be, too.