This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The holiday season is officially approaching, and we all know what that means: It’s time to start gift-shopping for everyone, from your mom to your best friend.

Sometimes in the midst of winter stresses such as finals, it’s easy to forget about the true spirit of the season. 

When developing wish-lists for yourself and loved ones, it can feel undeniably materialistic.

In recent years, a lot of the presents I place under my tree aren’t super fulfilling. However, when I thought of gifts that were partnered with charities, I couldn’t help but think of Glee, when Finn gave Rachel an African pig for Christmas. 

The media’s portrayal of impact-related gifts deterred me from the idea for a while, but upon some searching, I came across some brands that are totally trend-worthy while also supporting wonderful causes. 

Bird + Stone

Jewelry such as this inspirational cuff not only show off a great sense of style, but you’re also supporting nonpartisan impact groups like She Should Run.

This organization hopes they can get 250,000 women to run for office by 2030.

Not only does Bird + Stone support women in politics, but they also sell jewelry that supports, “…women’s health, girls’ education, poverty alleviation and environmental protection.”

There are different correlating styles depending on your activist category of choice, making this gift perfect for your favorite feminist or environmentalist. 

Here’s a statement from the brand: “This company was founded on the idea that brands have the power to be vehicles for change. For us, this means not only ensuring that our jewelry is made ethically, but also donating a portion of our profits to organizations moving the needle on important causes.”

The Giving Keys

I first found out about this company at a Starbucks! They sell a collection of necklaces with uplifting words printed on a unique key.

When you buy a piece from this brand, you are helping end homelessness through job creation.

Every design in customizable, so you can pick a word that holds special meaning between you and the recipient.

Not only is this present very sentimental, but it’s also made positive change. 

Here’s a statement from the brand: “Founded in 2008, The Giving Keys is a social impact company working to end homelessness through employment. All our products are assembled, packaged and shipped from Downtown LA by people out of homelessness. Since our inception, we have provided more than 130 jobs for people out of homelessness. Graduates of our program have secured and maintained housing, started their own businesses, regained custody of their children, stayed sober and found a renewed sense of purpose.”

Bombas

I know what you’re thinking: socks? But I’m telling you, these are some of the best socks out there.

Not only will these become your favorite stocking stuffer for years to come, they also are an aid to the homeless community.

For every pair you purchase, they donate a pair to shelters in America.

These socks are made to be insanely durable, so they last a very long time. 

Here’s a statement from the brand: “When we first learned that socks are the most requested clothing item in homeless shelters, we knew we had to do something. We started Bombas to make an impact on our community by donating a pair of socks for every pair we sold, and continue that philosophy of thoughtful giving toward each clothing item we make. No matter what it is, one purchased = one donated.” 

Sudara

Look no farther for the cutest most comfortable pajamas in the game.

These lightweight PJ’s are a universally great gift.

Ranging from subtle earth tones to vibrant patterns, these sets can please a wide audience.

In addition to these great features, the company also has an incredible mission.

Sudara provides employment and education to women in India. 

Here’s a statement from the brand: “Each year, millions of women and children are trafficked into sexual exploitation in India.  Sudara is working to change this by providing hope and opportunity through living-wage jobs, skills training and education. This change is possible because customers are purchasing Sudara goods and making donations to Sudara Freedom Fund.”

CAUSEBOX

If you’re having a hard time deciding between all the wonderful organizations out there, this subscription box may be the way to go.

Subscription boxes are truly the gift that keeps on giving, and CAUSEBOX is no exception.

Recipients get four boxes throughout the year, one for each season. Every product in the box is a surprise, but they always have a mission and purpose. 

Here’s a statement from the brand: “Every product inside of CAUSEBOX has a beautiful story and helps create a better world — because it matters how these products are made, and who they empower.”

No matter what you celebrate, I hope you find some gift-giving inspiration from these ideas!

Madeline is a second-year Journalism major at the University of Florida. She loves rainy days, trips that revitalize your soul, and speaking up for what she believes in. She strives to use her voice as a catalyst for conversations about the female college experience and equality for all. See more of her life on Instagram: @maduhlinemurphy & more of her work at: www.madelinenmurphy.com