This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Although us Floridian girls barely get to experience the change in seasons, the cold that we do receive can make us get the winter blues. Because we are so used to the warm, Florida climate, we might not be entirely prepared to take care of our hair, skin, and lips in this cold weather. GatorGlam is here to help! Check out these tips on how to stay beautiful through this winter season:

Moisturize! Your body needs water, but your skin needs to stay hydrated, too. A great moisturizing cream for daily use is Avenoo Daily Moisturizer, which also includes SPF 15. Applying this every day will keep your skin soft and protected from the harsh winter winds. If you have a dry complexion, and moisturize daily, try moisturizing oil for the winter months for extra hydration.

Shea Butter! Instead of using plain ol’ chapstick, treat your lips to their own spa day. Exfoliate gently with an old toothbrush or exfoliating cream, and use a nourishing chapstick or lip treatment, such as ones infused with shea butter. Try to do this twice a day, once in the morning and one later at night, before going to bed. Who knows, maybe that dream of a kiss under the mistletoe will be too hard to resist with your new lips!

Condition! Hair can easily get brittle and dry during the winter months. To prevent this from happening, apply a weekly deep conditioning treatment while in the shower. A great one to use is Aussie’s Three Minute Miracle, and it only takes three quick minutes to get your hair in tip-top shape!