GatorGlam: Mastering the Smokey Eye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Do you want to finally master that sexy, sultry, smokey eye look without looking like somebody punched you in the eye? Well, Gator Glam is here to help! Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be for a great night out in no time!

1. Start by applying a coat of eye primer. It will make sure your eye shadow stays in place all night long. Using a flat brush, apply a light silver eye shadow all over your lid.

2. Using a darker, silver shade, apply this eye shadow to the crease and corners of your eyes. Make sure to blend, blend and blend! It needs to look as smooth as possible.

3. This is the part most girls have problems with: applying the black eye shadow. Black eye shadow is extremely pigmented and hard to manage. This is why you want to use as little product as possible. Apply a small dot of black eye shadow to the corner of your eye, and blend it in. It is better to build it up if you need to, rather than having a black mess!

4. Repeat this process on your bottom eyelids, making sure the darkest color is always in the outer part. Apply a white, sparkly eye shadow to the inner corner of your eye and under your eyebrow to add some pretty highlights.

5. Finish off with some black eyeliner and mascara. False eyelashes can be a great option too! Don’t be afraid to experiment!