GatorGlam: It’s Game Day, Y’all

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The time of year we have all been looking forward to is finally here, football season!

There is no denying the Gators go all out — incredible tailgates, a packed stadium and a sea of orange and blue! Makeup for us Gator girls should stay light for those hot days, but the night celebrations after a big win are a different story.

Here’s a tutorial on how to get a wearable orange and blue look that will truly show your Gator girl pride!

Step 1: Before applying any eye shadow, apply a white base from a chunky eyeliner pencil all over your lid. This will help the colors stand out and stay put. The orange and blue will definitely be noticed!

Step 2: With a flat eye shadow brush, apply a peach/orange shadow all over your lids and guide the brush to the inner corner of your eyes to fill it out. Then bring the brush over to your lower lid. Although this is not necessarily a bright orange, we want to create a look that is more wearable. This will work perfectly!

Step 3: With that same flat eye shadow brush, and a bright blue eye shadow color, create a sideways “V” shape in the outer corner of your eyes, like so: [insert picture A]

Now, use a fluffy brush. It’s time to blend, blend and blend some more! Try to make sure both colors are blending nicely in the middle and that there are no harsh lines. Apply the same blue color to the bottom of your lids, close to the waterline.

Step 4: Once you’re happy with the gorgeous orange and blue eye shadow, it’s time to apply some eyeliner and mascara! I chose gel eyeliner for my top lids, and I decided to create a double wing at the end to mimic a gator’s chomp.

Never use anything other than pencil eyeliner — it can have some serious consequences! Last but not least, apply your favorite mascara, and you are ready to go.

While the other girls rock their orange and blue dresses, you will be taking the meaning of Gator spirit to a whole new level!

Want to try this look? Here is a list of all the products I used:

– NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
– 88 Coastal Scents Palette (orange and blue eye shadows)
– MAC gel liner
– Urban Decay eyeliner pencil in Zero
– CoverGirl LashBlast mascara