This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

If you had to pick one beauty habit (cutting hair, doing nails, etc.) for the rest of your life, what would it be? For me, it would undoubtedly be doing my eyebrows. My hair could be a scraggly mess and my nails could match those of the meanest witch of the west, but I would feel at absolute peace if my eyebrows were on point. Myth or not, I have proof that the shape of your eyebrows can completely change your appearance. After every eyebrow thread, I get compliments of how I look different, but they can’t pinpoint what. A-ha.

Here are a few tips and tricks to help you navigate the eyebrow world. First things first — shaping, and there are many options: 

1. Waxing. Sounds painful, right? I’m not going to lie—waxing is pretty painful, at least the first few times. You know what they say though — no pain, no gain. If you are a brave one and want to get a great shape, I definitely recommend this method. Most salons have eyebrow-waxing services. Before getting started, make sure you tell the salon assistant exactly what you want — without having open communication, unwanted results could ensue, so this is not the time to be shy! 

2. Threading. This method is lesser known than waxing, but for an eyebrow-groom fanatic, it is my personal favorite. Threading was originated in the ancient Eastern world, and those that practice it shape your eyebrows using merely a string. When I first saw it, I could not believe it, but it works perfectly. Not only is it much less painful than waxing, but it also creates stronger lines and definition in your brows. 

3. Plucking. You can most certainly try to give shape to your eyebrows on your own. Grab sharp tweezers and watch a few tutorial videos before getting started—they will teach you your arch limits and width. If you start blindly plucking away, you run the risk of getting a very funny shape, and the wait time for it to grow will be much more painful.

You are now ready to flaunt your brand new eyebrows, but always make sure to keep them in tip-top shape! Here’s how: 

• Watch for any flyaway, pesky hairs that are growing in between waxing/threading appointments. You can easily maintain your eyebrows in shape by using tweezers. My favorite brand is Tweezerman, which also happens to be critically acclaimed by magazines such as Allure. 

• If you have light hair and non-existent eyebrows, try filling them in with eye shadow that is one shade darker than your eyebrows. This will make them more noticeable and frame your face beautifully!

If you have never given attention to your eyebrows, it’s never too late to start!

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.