Gator Glam: What I’m Still Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The holiday season is finally upon us, and the first celebration up on the list is Thanksgiving. In spite of the recent events that have unfolded over the course of this year, I’m still thankful for many things. There are so different things to be thankful for, but for this list I decided to narrow down what I appreciate in terms of the fashion and beauty world. With so much going on in the world right now, I wanted this piece to be a bit silly in order to loosen up some tension but ultimately purposeful in its message.

I’m thankful for…

Cute hats to cover up my bad hair days.

Flowy, loose dresses that let me eat as much turkey and stuffing as I want.

Jogger pants — for when I don’t want to dress up but still look like I didn’t roll right out of bed.

…Pretty underwear — so no matter what I’m wearing on the outside, underneath it all I feel cute.

Big, oversized sweaters to keep me warm and cozy during the cooler fall and winter days.

Red lipstick — because no matter where or when I wear it, I feel like a fierce woman.

Black lipstick — for those days when I don’t want anyone to mess with me.

Long, beautiful, ornate evening gowns — for when I want to feel like a princess (or at least when I want to look at pretty dresses).

Fuzzy socks. (Need I say more?)

Audrey Hepburn and her whole life filled with grace, class and humanitarianism.

Shoes that fit my every style from “girly girl” to “if you touch me I’ll punch you in the face.”

Arrays of nail polish colors that can accurately depict my mood for the week.

Fun pajama onesies with cute little animals on them. (Again, need I say more?)

Statement jewelry that can spruce up any basic outfit I own.

And the ability to freely express who I am as a person through my style and outfit choices.

Everyone’s list will be different when it comes to what they are thankful for, and of course I am thankful for ideas and concepts other than those pertaining to fashion and beauty. This holiday season, take a second to step back and be thankful for even the most basic of occasions, even if they do seem a bit silly. After all, it’s the little things that count.

Photo Credits: www.fashionmg-style.com, perrrty.com, www.kohls.com, wheretoget.it, elle.com, www.borongaja.com, sephora.com, mrfatta.com, sockbin.com, mirror.co.uk, pinterest.com, cosmeticsanctuary.com, disicouture.com, thegoldengirlblog.com

Elena Kallergis is currently a 4th year Advertising major at the University of Florida. Her passions include ballet dancing, drawing, reading, traveling, and rock climbing. She loves flowers, cats, fashion, chocolate chip cookies, cheeseburgers, and anything to do with the color peach. Outside of class, you can either catch her eating while attempting to study or just eating in general. Follow her on Instagram @elenamika.