Gator Glam: Product Review — NYX Dark Circle Concealer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I try my very best to get a good eight hours of sleep every night, but we all know how hard that can be when trying to keep up with school, clubs and other social activities. When I miss those precious hours of sleep, I turn to my best friend: my concealer.

I’ve always been told that I should use an under-eye concealer with a yellow tint to hide those annoying dark circles. For years I have been using the Revlon Age Defying Targeted Dark Spot Concealer Treatment, which is great because of its strong yellow tint. However, it’s also very thick and can be hard to apply without excessively rubbing it under my eyes, which can cause premature wrinkles. Plus, it would gunk up throughout the day. I kept searching for a better concealer, and, finally, I found one. I recently started using the NYX Dark Circle Concealer, which I’ve fallen in love with, and here’s why:

1. It’s very lightweight and feels like your own skin.
I like that I can build up this concealer to my desired preference. For the days I need minimum coverage I just use less, and for the rougher days when my under eyes look like I got no sleep, I can use more and really build the coverage up. I also like that because it’s so light it doesn’t crease easily, and I forget it’s on because it feels like my own skin, not like something is sitting on top of it.

2. It has a peach tint as opposed to a harsh yellow tint.
One thing I never liked about other dark circle concealers was the harsh yellow tint that made me look like I was sick. However, I’d continue to use these products because the yellow did eliminate the dark circles, so at least I didn’t look tired. When I bought this NYX product, the store clerk informed me that concealer with a peach tint is actually the best option for canceling out dark circles, which is when she suggested the NYX concealer. The peach tint is not only great for covering my dark circles, but it also blends into my skin color so it looks like I have no makeup on at all.

3. You can wear it alone.
I find when I wear most concealers without other face makeup there’s a harsh line where you can clearly see a color difference. I like this concealer because it’s so lightweight that I can build it up or down as much as I like. Then, when I want to just put on some concealer and head out the door, there’s no “concealer line.”

I know that with this concealer I’ll be able to spend more time on my academics and extracurriculars, and less time worrying about how disheveled and tired I look. I can now enjoy the effortless, healthy glow of well-slept skin all semester long with less than a minute spent every morning getting dressed for the day. With this concealer, you can get through the year with no fear of the wear and tear this semester may have on your under eyes.

Photo Credit: Maxine Grossman

Maxine Grossman is a second-year Public Relations major with a concentration in business at the University of Florida and is so excited for the opportunity to do what she does best for Her Campus UFL: write about fashion. When Maxine is not staring at Pinterest fashion boards or wandering around shopping, she can be caught eating sushi, devouring cups of coffee and tea, or munching on some delicious macarons. Besides writing for Her Campus UFL, Maxine is also an active member of UF’s Panhellenic life and enjoys spending time with friends, traveling, and painting.