This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The color pink is often associated with friendship, affection, femininity, compassion and love. Who wouldn’t want to wear something that seems to bring out these feelings just by wearing a certain color? These are just a few pieces that every collegiette should own in the color pink to take their wardrobe to a new level.

1. BlazerWearing the same old black and grey ensemble to work or an internship can get a little boring, so why not spice it up a little bit with a pale pink blazer? By choosing a blazer in a lighter pink color, you can stand out at the office in a positive way.

2. HeelsHot pink is the new red. Pink heels can look just as sexy and stylish as red heels. Make them the standout piece of your outfit with a little black dress, or go bold by wearing an equally bright and colorful ensemble on top.

3. PurseIf you want to keep your dose of pink to a minimum but would still like to add a bit of interest to any outfit, look no further than a purse in pink. Since it’s in the form of an accessory, you won’t have to do much thinking as you just throw it over your shoulder to instantly channel your femininity in an outfit.

4. DressJust like heels, a pink dress can easily replace a staple piece we have all come to love and depend on: the LBD. By choosing the right style and shade of pink, you can still look just as elegant and put together in moments. Plus, it’s hard not to keep smiling when wearing such a beautiful color in an easy and fun outfit.

Next time you’re tempted to reach for that boring, black item of clothing, challenge yourself to opt for the pink option for a more fun and bright alternative outfit! Keep looking good, collegiettes!

Photo credits:Hellofashionblog.comLuckymag.comMissguided.com