This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Have you ever wondered what all of those weird ingredients in your face wash are? You know, the one’s with names that you can’t even pronounce? Ever been upset that the better skin care products cost so much money? Well, luckily people have been discovering more and more ways to use natural and organic skin remedies that you can take straight from your kitchen! Here are a few I think you should try:

1. Honey: The sweet treat you usually find in your kitchen can actually be extremely beneficial to your beauty regimen. Simply put a few dabs of honey on your face every night before bed, let it sit for a few minutes, and then just wipe it off with a wet washcloth. As a natural antibacterial, honey helps with acne and scars, and it also softens the skin.

2. Calcium Bentonite Clay: Although this might not be a well-known product, Calcium Bentonite Clay is a natural fix for problematic skin. It usually has a grey/cream color and is mixed with water to use as a facemask. This clay treats acne, detoxifies skin, reduces wrinkles, fades away scars, and more! The list goes on and on. This clay can be found at places like Whole Foods or Trader Joes for less than $8!

3. Jojoba Oil: Jojoba Oil is a pure and natural plant extract from the seeds of jojoba trees and is sold at most drugs stores and health food stores. This product is great at tricking oily skin into producing less oil and, in turn, reducing the shiny appearance on the face. Dropping a few dabs on your face before bedtime usually does the trick, and it also works as a makeup remover!

4. Coconut Oil: Another item that can be found in your pantry is coconut oil. This is quickly becoming a popular natural beauty staple. This oil can help as a natural lip balm, face moisturizer, teeth whitener, after-shave lotion, or frizzy hair serum, and it can even reduce cellulite when used consistently! For external uses, look for the “expeller pressed” type, which is usually written on the front of the bottle.

5. Lemon Juice: We usually use the delicious tangy flavor from lemon juice in our drinks or food, but the amazing source of calcium, minerals, and antioxidants can help improve our hair and skin as well. This juice helps remove blackheads and blemishes, as well as soothe chapped lips. Just be sure to not leave it on your skin for an extended amount of time or expose it to the sun.

Those are just a few of the many different items you can incorporate into your nightly beauty routine for a cheaper and more natural way to cleanse and clean your skin!

Hi, my name is Kelli Eichorn. This spring I am a fourth year Telecommunications major, specializing in Media and Society and minoring in Anthropology. I love reading and writing, and have a strong passion for both print and broadcast journalism, as well as social media and it's influence on society. My dream is to one day write for a major fashion magazine. This is my fourth semester being involved with Her Campus and I am so excited to be serving as a blogger for GatorGlam! GatorGlam is a blog about beauty, makeup, and skin care for the "Florida" girl. Some of my favorite things include spending time with my sorority sisters, going to the beach, naps, animals, and listening to music.
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.