Gator Glam: Inspirational Fashion Tips We Can Learn From Rihanna

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Oh Rihanna, the style influencer! She has become a true fashion powerhouse who can make any outfit or clothing piece look absolutely amazing, and her very unique sense of style makes her a prime source of fashion inspiration for millions of women around the world.

Rihanna often wears different prints, colors and textures that keep us thinking, “I wonder what she will do next?” There are a variety of tips I’ve learned just from her style alone that have inspired me to set my own trends. Most importantly, she has inspired me to become a better person through her fashion choices. Here are some fashion tips that we can all learn from the beautiful Rihanna.

1. Dress with confidence

Rihanna is very confident in the outfits she wears, and it definitely shows in all of her pictures spotted in the media and blogs. Creativity is key! She knows what looks good on her and what will not look good on her. But even if it does not look as stunning as she would have hoped, she wears it anyway. With that being said,  as mini-Rihannas, we need to have this same confidence about our fashion trends, but most of all, we need to have this confidence about ourselves as women. Seeing Rihanna wear unique styles with confidence should inspire each and every one of us to never be scared to show our own.

2. Don’t think about others’ opinions

Because of her bold fashion statements,  Rihanna now has front-row seats to every relevant fashion show and has also developed relationships with every major designer in the fashion industry. The reason she wears the latest fashion pieces is because she wants to, not because she has to, and because she feels good in it, not because she feels that someone else will not like it. I love her for that. We as young women should not care what others think about our everyday outfits while on campus. Why? Because we should only care about what makes us look good and not what others might say about us. This does not stop at fashion, as this can also apply to your dreams, goals and ambitions in life.

3. Never be afraid to be different

Setting your own trends is a great way to be yourself. It gives you the opportunity to create unique outfits and pieces that other people are too afraid to create. Having followed Rihanna’s style for a number of years, I know that she is very different from other celebrities, and she’s not afraid to show it.

From her fashion, style and hairstyles to her overall demeanor, you can tell that Rihanna is not afraid to set the bar high when it comes to establishing her own self image. Collegiettes, we cannot be afraid to take fashion risks. Why? Because when we don’t take risks, we start to get comfortable with the norms of society, as opposed to being comfortable in our own skin. Fashion is not just about clothes, but it’s also about being confident in your own skin and finding your true self through the power of clothes. Thank you Rihanna for consistently showing us the way to be the best person that we can be each and every day.

Photo credit: www.bravotv.com