This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Who says the cold weather means you can’t still look cool? My favorite season of the year is winter because dressing fashionably becomes so easy that you can even get dressed in a rush and still look dressed up. Not only is it easier to look more put together, but also all the stylish things that are in style are super comfy and cozy. My favorite trend of wintertime is knitwear because it’s something you can only wear once a year and it’s super soft. Here are some ways to rock your knitwear all winter long.

1. Sweaters
You have cropped knit sweaters, baggy knit sweaters, tight knit, loose knit and so many more! You can throw a big, loose sweater over a dress or skirt to give your summery dresses another look. You can add a statement necklace to dress up your sweater, or add a long-sleeved button-down shirt underneath a sweater to create a preppy look.

2. Cardigans
A long, knit cardigan can add a wintery look to any outfit, while also letting you stay cozy and comfortable. They also allow you to wear outfits that aren’t as warm, like sundresses or skirts.

3. Beanies
Beanies are great for the cold weather to keep your ears from turning red and numb from the nippy air, while also being useful for bad hair days or the days your hair is looking extra greasy.

4. Headbands
Headbands, just like beanies, are great for keeping your ears warm. The great thing about knit headbands is that if you’re having a good hair day and you don’t want hat hair once you get inside, a headband is your best bet.

5. Socks/leg warmers
It’s easy to pile a lot of layers on top to keep you warm for those extra chilly days, but it’s not as easy to add layers to keep your legs warm. Knit socks and leg warmers are perfect for this because it’s a second thick layer of clothes to keep your knees from bumping together, while also adding a fashionable touch to every outfit.

6. Scarves
Knit scarves are great accessories to own because most of your body heat is stored in your neck. The key to staying warm on those treks across campus is to keep your neck warm. A knit scarf is usually thicker than regular scarves, and they are super cute and soft.

7. Leggings
Though debatable, knit leggings can be a very cute, fashion-forward addition to your winter wardrobe. They are a great way to wear your cute mini skirts and dresses in the winter without losing the feeling in your legs.

Those are my essentials for the winter to keep cozy and warm during the bitter and grey winter days. Knitwear lets you wear less layers because it’s already so thick, and I love that a knit piece can add a feminine touch to winter outfits. With these tips and closet staples, everyone can be sure to stay warm and trendy this winter.

Photo credits: wachabuy.com

Maxine Grossman is a second-year Public Relations major with a concentration in business at the University of Florida and is so excited for the opportunity to do what she does best for Her Campus UFL: write about fashion. When Maxine is not staring at Pinterest fashion boards or wandering around shopping, she can be caught eating sushi, devouring cups of coffee and tea, or munching on some delicious macarons. Besides writing for Her Campus UFL, Maxine is also an active member of UF’s Panhellenic life and enjoys spending time with friends, traveling, and painting.