Gator Glam: How Much Do Celebs Spend on Makeup?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Have you ever wondered how Kim Kardashian constantly looks flawless, or why Jennifer Aniston hasn’t seemed to age in decades? Surely, it can’t all be plastic surgery, camera angles and good genes. If their makeup artists have figured out the best beauty secrets, why can’t we? It comes as no surprise that the price of beauty isn’t very cheap. I took a gander at the makeup products that Kim Kardashian West, Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie use to achieve their constant red-carpet perfection and broke it down to see just how much I’ll have to make after graduation to afford their beauty lifestyle.

1. Kim KardashianGuerlain moisturizer – $455La Meir protecting SPF fluid – $85Anastasia Contour Kit – $40Neutrogena makeup remover wipes – $8Total: $588 (And that doesn’t even include lipstick, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara or any other extras besides the natural base — yikes!)

2. Jennifer AnistonDr. Hauschka Rose day cream – $47Benefit Dr. Feelgood – $29Chanel Teint Innocence Fluid – $49Cle de Peau Teint foundation – $88Stila Convertible Cheek Color – $24Chanel Irreelle Blush Silky Cheek – $45Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch eye shadow – $28.50Chanel Les Divines Mattes Quadra eye shadow – $57NARS Cream eye shadow – $23Chanel Inimitable mascara – $30Chanel Glossimer lip gloss – $28.50Total: $449 (This was the set of products Aniston’s makeup artist used for a Harper’s Bazaar cover, and it’s a pretty normal look for her.)

3. Angelina JolieClé de Peau Beauté concealer – $70Colbert MD Nutrify and Protect – $110Urban Apothecary Charm lipstick – $18Cellular Radiance cream blush – $70Hourglass Veil fluid makeup – $60Total: $328 (This probably isn’t the full set for Jolie but is just some products she’s mentioned as favorites.)

While it doesn’t seem to be extremely feasible or necessary to buy all of the products loved by our favorite beauty queens, adding a few of these special items to your makeup bag might be worth it! A $450 or $110 skin moisturizer doesn’t seem to be in the cards for me, but I could spare $18 for a lipstick that’s beloved by Angelina Jolie.

Sources:Kim Kardashian WestJennifer AnistonAngelina Jolie

Hi, my name is Kelli Eichorn. This spring I am a fourth year Telecommunications major, specializing in Media and Society and minoring in Anthropology. I love reading and writing, and have a strong passion for both print and broadcast journalism, as well as social media and it's influence on society. My dream is to one day write for a major fashion magazine. This is my fourth semester being involved with Her Campus and I am so excited to be serving as a blogger for GatorGlam! GatorGlam is a blog about beauty, makeup, and skin care for the "Florida" girl. Some of my favorite things include spending time with my sorority sisters, going to the beach, naps, animals, and listening to music.